Ellis Dumerville Trade (2 Viewers)

According to rumors, this is what our defensive depth chart will look like next season.

ROLB- Elvis/Harrison
LOLB- Kruger
NT- Hicks/bunkley
LDE- Glenn Dorsey
RDE- Cam Jordan/Marcus Spears
RILB- Lofton
LILB- Hawthorne
LCB- Darrelle Revis
RCB- Greer
SS- Harper
FS- Ed Reed

We are doing it wrong then with Harper and Hawthorne still there.

I don't see what we can trade for him. A first round pick? I hope not. Harper, Vilma and Smith? Make it happen Loomis!

Maybe Harper, one of our RBs, and a 3rd in 2014 with a performance escalator that would jump to a 2nd if he got 12-plus sacks.

If elvis dumervil was still the terror he used to be pass rushing i would be able to overlook his inability to stop the run, but since he isnt the player he used to be i would much rather save the draft pick and let gallette roll since we paid him and draft another pass rushing olb to go opposite of him.

According to rumors, this is what our defensive depth chart will look like next season.

ROLB- Elvis/Harrison
LOLB- Kruger
NT- Hicks/bunkley
LDE- Glenn Dorsey
RILB- Lofton
LILB- Hawthorne
LCB- Darrelle Revis
RCB- Greer
SS- Harper
FS- Ed Reed

You forgot Nnamdi!

Why would we trade for him when we could sign him as a free agent after he gets released. Then he wouldnt count $10M against the cap. Better free agents who are cheaper and better then "Ellis", and we can keep the few draft picks that we have.

ROLB- Elvis/Harrison
LOLB- Kruger
NT- Hicks/bunkley
LDE- Glenn Dorsey
RILB- Lofton
LILB- Hawthorne
LCB- Darrelle Revis
RCB- Greer
SS- Harper
FS- Ed Reed

:aargh::covri::rolleyes:

Honestly, i feel like ESPN and other analysts are throwing doo doo at the wall and hoping it sticks with a lot of these stories. Dumervil, Harrison, Kruger, Reed all spent time in a 3-4, where will they go?! Oh hey look New Orleans and Philly are building a 3-4 lets say they're real interested....

if he can still have the same production before the injuries i say why not

I don't see how we can accommodate his salary. Even if he took the paycut the Broncos were offering (which he seemingly balked at). They'd have to take Will Smith back in the trade, which I wouldn't think they would. And even then I'm not sure we could pull it off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom