Elliss to Falcons. (1 Viewer)

Worst lost since Trey. I don’t get it why we let him walk. He was one of the bright spots last year.

We have 18 million in Cap Room. We should of kept him
For one thing, he’s not a robot. We can’t make him do anything. He’s free to make his own decisions. Perhaps you don’t know all the variables.

Worst lost since Trey. I don’t get it why we let him walk. He was one of the bright spots last year.

Worst loss since trey??? I recall losing a starting safety and a slot CB/Safety in the same offseason. No way in hell is losing a reserve LBer/STer is remotely close.

Losing Ellis ~losing Willie Snead

He wanted more snaps and Werner was likely to remain the starter in our two LB sets with Davis, matching the offer doesn’t necessarily get it done. At least Trey didn’t go the Falcons.

I understand that our division opponents are familiar with our players but it seems like they think former Saints are the be all end all. Especially the falcons. They have been picking up our guys for years and years. Morten Anderson, Bobby Hebert, Joe Horn, and on and on. On the other hand the Saints don't seem to value division rival players anywhere close to that level. They'll pick up a Curtis Lofton here and there but it's not as common.

I wish we could've kept Ellis because I think he's an ascending player. He was a quality 3rd LBer for us but the falcons gave him starting LBer money. If Ellis stays healthy this could be a fair deal for the falcons. But the Saints just weren't in position to give that kind of money to our 3rd LB with one year of quality production. I'm hoping they can pick up a quality LB in the draft to provide depth, situational snaps, and eventually take over for DD.

Worst loss since trey??? I recall losing a starting safety and a slot CB/Safety in the same offseason. No way in hell is losing a reserve LBer/STer is remotely close.

Marcus Williams was a solid player… but he missed too many big tackles. So I wasn’t that sad to see him go… especially with Mathieu coming.

Ellis finally got a starting job and proved himself. Then we let him walk? Who is his replacement?

Trust me he is not going to be that major of a loss, he is a role player. If he becomes starter in Atlanta everyone will see why he was a backup. The defense is still going to be good with or without him.

I

IKR. I doubt Ellis' wife would even utter, "this is the Saint's worse loss since losing Trey". LOL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom