Elliss to Falcons. (1 Viewer)

Would have liked us to keep Ellis but it’s really not the end of the world. We’ve lost Davenport and, frankly, good riddance to him. Onyemata stunk after his PED suspension, not a coincidence I suspect. Tuttle is probably the worst player out of the four and Ellis, whilst having a good second half of the season, is hardly irreplaceable.

The D-Line was not good at all last season, most of these guys we’re losing were contributors to that underwhelming unit. Just makes it paramount we get it right in the draft.

I just wanted to keep 1 between Davenport and Ellis

Davenport never seemed realistic with the price of edge rushers and how he performed last year. Elliss on the other hand played out of his mind. Honestly that contract isn't bad either, I just think the team didn't want to invest that amount of money in a third linebacker that only sees the field in spot duty. I'd have personality found a way to get him on the field almost every down.

Would have liked us to keep Ellis but it’s really not the end of the world. We’ve lost Davenport and, frankly, good riddance to him. Onyemata stunk after his PED suspension, not a coincidence I suspect. Tuttle is probably the worst player out of the four and Ellis, whilst having a good second half of the season, is hardly irreplaceable.

The D-Line was not good at all last season, most of these guys we’re losing we’re just contributors to that underwhelming unit. Just makes it paramount we get it right in the draft.
All these guys signed on day one of free agency to good contracts, hard to say we just lost a bunch of dead weight.

All these guys signed on day one of free agency to good contracts, hard to say we just lost a bunch of dead weight.
The Falcons are a team with a ton of cap space filling many holes with overpaid, largely average talent. It’s what desperate, underperforming teams do. Most of these players aren’t dead weight, but they aren’t particularly good either.

if it makes anyone feel better, OvertheCap now has Saints getting 2 fourth round picks (Onyemata & Davenport) and 2 sixth round picks (Tuttle & Elliss) for next year

How would that make us feel better? Did Overthecap predict the 49ers got 7 draft picks? No so Overthecap is not reliable so believing it

The Falcons are a team with a ton of cap space filling many holes with overpaid, largely average talent. It’s what desperate, underperforming teams do. Most of these players aren’t dead weight, but they aren’t particularly good either.
The Falcons have been clearing space the last two years to make a big splash this year. If they are going to spend big, there are plenty of other DT’s and LB’s they could have pursued That are still available now.

The Falcons have been clearing space the last two years to make a big splash this year. If they are going to spend big, there are plenty of other DT’s and LB’s they could have pursued That are still available now.
They’re going with guys their GM and DC have familiarity with and who, whilst still overpays, don’t require them to break the bank. Quantity over quality and it won’t work for them, particularly while Ridder is their QB.

Why the hell all the Saints players going to the Falcons
?.
Didn’t our former co defensive coordinator go there? That’s why they’re following. That and money. Don’t blame em one bit. It’s a business and they don’t care about who’s cutting the checks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom