Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (4 Viewers)

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score

He definitely puts his money where his mouth is.

This was in the comments of Musk's tweet that he made an offer.

FQTSPrYXwAAqh-_

It's kind of funny posting positively about this on THIS heavily regulated board that we all enjoy. Elon wants to "open up" twitter to be give more "free speech".

That would be like someone buying this board from Andrus and "opening it up" you know what you'd have in about 3 weeks? Tiger Droppings. I'd imagine a large percentage of the regulars posting here wouldn't be regulars anymore.

It's kind of funny posting positively about this on THIS heavily regulated board that we all enjoy. Elon wants to "open up" twitter to be give more "free speech".

That would be like someone buying this board from Andrus and "opening it up" you know what you'd have in about 3 weeks? Tiger Droppings. I'd imagine a large percentage of the regulars posting here wouldn't be regulars anymore.

Especially for a platform like Twitter you can either be a place of unregulated content or you can be a successful business - but it's a fallacy to think you can be both. But if Musk's offer is accepted, he will probably end up running it very much like it is run now or, without the same exposure to shareholders as a private business, he can choose to let it be less of a business and more of a forum, which would be his choice.

I don't know if the sale will be approved. I'm a longtime shareholder of Twitter, since the days of the IPO and I think it can be more valuable than $54/share. I would vote no if it goes to full vote, though it might just be a board vote.

I don't agree with this analogy. Twitter is not a message board with topics posted and listed in forum sections. The block and ignore features are there and can be used.
Elon and team could also make separate spaces in Twitter for "Family Friendly" to "Wild West".

I don't Tweet... is this a good thing or a bad thing for free speech? I know he says it's good, but I never trust a private corporation to be entirely good.
Well, based on his comments, he seems to think Twitter has been too restrictive in their banning of some people/organizations from the platform.

Well, based on his comments, he seems to think Twitter has been too restrictive in their banning of some people/organizations from the platform.

He has also said that he thinks that Twitter has unlocked value - which means he thinks he has a better business model and is going this for business interests, not social/speech interests.

He has also said that he thinks that Twitter has unlocked value - which means he thinks he has a better business model and is going this for business interests, not social/speech interests.
Yeah, I just saw some of the things he wanted to do, like adding an ad free service (I assume monthly subscription), adding an edit button for tweets and a few other things. Makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom