Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (2 Viewers)

One thing to keep in mind here is that Musk's financing includes about $13B from private equity bankers. He can say to the public that this is about free speech and not making money - and removing Twitter from the interests of Wall Street is in the platform's best interest . . . but when you're getting $13B from bankers, they want to know how there's going to be return on their investment.

Apparently Musk detailed to them his plans to further monetize Twitter that may include things like charging fees for third-party sites to quote or embed tweets, particularly those of verified accounts. This kind of thing could impact how we, for example, quote tweets on Saints Report (and clearly would stop doing).

One thing to keep in mind here is that Musk's financing includes about $13B from private equity bankers. He can say to the public that this is about free speech and not making money - and removing Twitter from the interests of Wall Street is in the platform's best interest . . . but when you're getting $13B from bankers, they want to know how there's going to be return on their investment.

Apparently Musk detailed to them his plans to further monetize Twitter that may include things like charging fees for third-party sites to quote or embed tweets, particularly those of verified accounts. This kind of thing could impact how we, for example, quote tweets on Saints Report (and clearly would stop doing).

That's pretty interesting. It would change how we disseminate news and info. But, I wonder if it will be like how YT redirects or if they will just block direct links to tweets unless there's some sort of subscription.

That actually seems like a good way to reduce the value of Twitter. If they charge to embed it will just mean that Tweets get less attention which means Twitter gets less attention. Embeded Tweets seem like free advertising to me. And it seems like verified users would want their Tweets to go on third party sites. Or am I missing something here?

That actually seems like a good way to reduce the value of Twitter. If they charge to embed it will just mean that Tweets get less attention which means Twitter gets less attention. Embeded Tweets seem like free advertising to me. And it seems like verified users would want their Tweets to go on third party sites. Or am I missing something here?

It would certainly change how twitter is used externally, I think. Could very well be negative.

You think? Everyone I know sees her as a babbling idiot.

It all depends on who you know, doesn't it?

She is either a babbling ill-advised idiot or a fierce liberal feminist warrior.

I see her as pretty much all of the above.

It doesn't really matter.

If you can just appreciate it for what it is, a wild and crazy show from all sides, then it can be a source of entertainment instead of divisiveness.

If you can just appreciate it for what it is, a wild and crazy show from all sides, then it can be a source of entertainment instead of divisiveness.
I've been standing by my stove shaking my groove thing every day for, what, about a week and a half now?

So is this deal official yet?

So is this deal official yet?

The offer and acceptance by the board have been filed with the SEC. So it’s official - but it hasn’t closed yet. It still has to pass shareholder vote, due diligence, and financing at closing.

I…I don’t know how to feel

Pearl Harbor was 81 years ago. First shots in the Civil War were fired 80 years before that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom