Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (3 Viewers)

I believe before he decided to buy twitter.

I don’t think it was really one way or the other. I suppose he was appreciated in progressive circles for proving the EV market and talking about the social benefit of free satellite wi-fi for underserved communities? But I don’t really recall him being some hero or anything. Mega-billionaires aren’t typically heroes of the left , seems to me at least.

I believe before he decided to buy twitter.
a guy who was born into south african mining money and grows that money by buying up the genius ideas of others and slapping his name on it while exploiting labor then uses that money to buy political influence - yes i can see how he would a hero of the left

a guy who was born into south african mining money and grows that money by buying up the genius ideas of others and slapping his name on it while exploiting labor then uses that money to buy political influence - yes i can see how he would a hero of the left
I don’t know about all that but I do know that since he started the Twitter buy thing a lot of people on the left are talking negatively and I wasn’t hearing that before. Maybe it’s a coincidence. Who knows.

I don’t think it was really one way or the other. I suppose he was appreciated in progressive circles for proving the EV market and talking about the social benefit of free satellite wi-fi for underserved communities? But I don’t really recall him being some hero or anything. Mega-billionaires aren’t typically heroes of the left , seems to me at least.
I don’t believe I ever said he was a hero to my one. Short memory and attention span but I will go recheck.

I don’t know about all that but I do know that since he started the Twitter buy thing a lot of people on the left are talking negatively and I wasn’t hearing that before. Maybe it’s a coincidence. Who knows.

I certainly think "the left" to the extent that there is such a defined group, has attacked Musk recently although I don't think they really ever fully embraced him for the reasons stated above. Frankly, Musk has always been more of a Libertarian than anything else which mean he's going to be on the opposite side of issues from each party depending on the topic.

Then again, he is clearly now inviting and and encouraging attacks with posts like the below. And, they aren't really in line with the things he has posted over the years. It really looks like he is inviting the political controversy. Maybe he is jealous of the attention others get or maybe he is doing it because he sees a business advantage, but it does seem odd.

@St. Widge he is an odd fella I won’t deny it. I just find it amusing that so many people are openly bashing him and I never really saw much of it before. I know he has always been eccentric. I find it even more funny that so many on the right are now embracing him. If the right starts ditching their big trucks and switch to electric It’s going to kill me.

@St. Widge he is an odd fella I won’t deny it. I just find it amusing that so many people are openly bashing him and I never really saw much of it before. I know he has always been eccentric. I find it even more funny that so many on the right are now embracing him. If the right starts ditching their big trucks and switch to electric It’s going to kill me.

Agreed. Tt's odd that the conservative right is embracing him. It seems to be more or less because he is trolling the left and claims he will somehow change how Twitter treats right wing posters. But it's odd because he's mister electric vehicles and environmentalism. I suspect it's really about what you said. He wants former gas guzzling F150 drivers to buy EV trucks from Tesla in the future. That, and I think he really likes the attention.

Agreed. Tt's odd that the conservative right is embracing him. It seems to be more or less because he is trolling the left and claims he will somehow change how Twitter treats right wing posters. But it's odd because he's mister electric vehicles and environmentalism. I suspect it's really about what you said. He wants former gas guzzling F150 drivers to buy EV trucks from Tesla in the future. That, and I think he really likes the attention.
Hey I drive an F-150! If it pulls my camper and boat I would buy an electric vehicle. And I am a conservative. But not right wing. Or left wing. I like to think more in the middle.

@St. Widge he is an odd fella I won’t deny it. I just find it amusing that so many people are openly bashing him and I never really saw much of it before.
if Mark Cuban tries to buy Tik Tok to fuel some self-aggrandizing campaign to try to shape the way the country sees him so he can wield more power, I can promise you the red flags will start waving in the exact same way they're being waved at Musk

if Mark Cuban tries to buy Tik Tok to fuel some self-aggrandizing campaign to try to shape the way the country sees him so he can wield more power, I can promise you the red flags will start waving in the exact same way they're being waved at Musk
No one raised flags when Bezos purchased the Washington Post. Is what Musk doing not similar?

No one raised flags when Bezos purchased the Washington Post. Is what Musk doing not similar?

Actually a lot of folks did led by the MAGA crowd, and the Post doesn't reach a fraction of what Twitter reaches. People still talk a lot of noise about Bezos owning the Post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom