Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (2 Viewers)

No one raised flags when Bezos purchased the Washington Post. Is what Musk doing not similar?

Those concerns have been raised, and more broadly about Bezos and Amazon, on a number of issues.

But I think this is a poor comparison, and I’ve seen others make it. Twitter is interactive and people who use it can feel an invested stake in the platform and how it’s run, invoking stronger reactions. I don’t like what is happening with journalism, I’m not a fan of billionaires buying influential media assets like the WP, but there are other news sources people can turn to. Twitter and the Washington Post are not the same in purpose and user interaction.

Hey I drive an F-150! If it pulls my camper and boat I would buy an electric vehicle. And I am a conservative. But not right wing. Or left wing. I like to think more in the middle.

Go price the F150 XLT EV... starts at $72k for the 320 mile range model... atrocious. It will take a long time to make up the $20k+ difference.

Go price the F150 XLT EV... starts at $72k for the 320 mile range model... atrocious. It will take a long time to make up the $20k+ difference.
Yeah that’s not what I am looking for lol.

Where would you charge it if you live in an apartment? My Entergy bill will go through the roof. Where are the charging stations and how long will I wait? Still too many questions.

Man the left sure did abandon this guy quickly.

😂

It’s silly for any political affiliation to have a cult like following for a billionaire. FTR, I never saw any evidence of the “left” galvanizing around Musk.

What I do see is the right going pretty crazy over Musk’s takeover of Twitter. Which is silly, because they still may not completely understand the private company / free speech dilemma - but to each their own.

Timely sexual assault charge on him now.

It's almost like he knew it was coming so he decided to set up his defense that it's just a political attack when he posted the below. Musk is a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them.

It's almost like he knew it was coming so he decided to set up his defense that it's just a political attack when he posted the below. Musk is a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them.

I think he saw the writing on the wall. Seems to be a common tactic when a major turn of events occurs. Not just isolated to one party, but it is a political game they like to play.

I just went out and read the article about his “sexual assault” and he paid so in my mind he is guilty. But let’s be clear there is some sketchiness to this woman’s story. She agreed to get a masseuse license so she can give him private massages. She went into the room with him where he was covered from the waste down. He “propositioned her” and she refused and left. Reading the headlines screams a different story.

I just went out and read the article about his “sexual assault” and he paid so in my mind he is guilty. But let’s be clear there is some sketchiness to this woman’s story. She agreed to get a masseuse license so she can give him private massages. She went into the room with him where he was covered from the waste down. He “propositioned her” and she refused and left. Reading the headlines screams a different story.
If I were extremely rich and wanted to protect myself, I would stipulate that all massages be recorded and both parties given a copy. It goes without saying that if I wanted to do something sketchy, then I wouldn't want it on camera.

The timing is my concern. He may have done it, maybe not. Apparently it was settled and now it's a problem again. Convenient.

I haven't gotten around to reading this thread, but where do I sign up on Team "Elon is a massive d-bag on everything"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom