Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (2 Viewers)

Ok I happened upon a thread ( on twitter no less lol ) which led me to several videos on you tube basically giving a history lesson on who Elon truly is.

I'm not gonna post here, but it's out there. Wow.

Has anyone here looked at this google doc about Elon not graduating from college?

oh i read a full thread on twitter that led me to several YouTube videos that go into great detail about his fraud.

It was, um, pretty amazing. The jist was he was here illegally, never had a diploma, his claims of his Penn diploma was in a area they DIDNT OFFER at that time, and the one area the did offer ( Comp Sci) he isnt on the alum list ( they sent out a congratulatory note to all grads like 2 years after- his name wasnt on it )

edit: OK THAT IS THE THREAD FROM TWITTER I READ LAST NIGHT. you cant see the graphics, ( you could on Twitter ) but many are court docs, alumni listings, enrollment docs etc.

if interested- YouTube "Thunderf00t" for many videos that debunk many of Elons claims and talk about this "directionally correct" ( something i hadnt heard before- but makes sense, when it comes to technology advancement claims ) and his penchant to state timeframes that are simply unattainable, but "directionally correct" ( aka- self driving car from LA to NYC in 2 years - {from 2017} - its now 2022, no car exists, "but its coming" - directionally correct )

Last edited:
Has anyone here looked at this google doc about Elon not graduating from college?

The other thing that this makes clear is that Elon was at least for some period in the US illegally.

I assume he eventually got legal status through marriage, as that is pretty much the only way someone in that situation could overcome unlawful presence.

The other thing that this makes clear is that Elon was at least for some period in the US illegally.

I assume he eventually got legal status through marriage, as that is pretty much the only way someone in that situation could overcome unlawful presence.

according to the thread i read it had to do with some dude- Mohr Davidow. Never got into it, so maybe arranged marriage back then? but i took it as something else

according to the thread i read it had to do with some dude- Mohr Davidow. Never got into it, so maybe arranged marriage back then? but i took it as something else
Yea, if they are saying he got status through anything other than a family based petition, then it means he lied on his application.

The waivers he would have needed are generally only available to family based petitions, or asylum or refugee status.

Or he would have had to stay outside the US for 3 years, which maybe he did, i don't know.

Nope, you clearly gave an opinion.
The record speaks for itself.
I included Stanford because of Google. They also played a major role in the creation of the Silicon Valley as a venture capital hub.
Sure. Was it Sanford money that financed all of those companies that sit on Silicon valley?

The major private companies that contributed were arguably: Bell Labs, Xerox, and M$(For TCP alone I would include them) It's mainly a story of the DoD, universities, and the IEEE.
Arguably?

We aren't even touching on the massive amount of government money that went into running fiber all over this country.
Is fiber all that is needed?

You also are backtracking,
Nope.
and now trying to conflate VC with massive private wealth.
In general, poor people don't have the venture capital or the collateral assets to create large corporations that require infrastructure and employees across the US.

Sure, many corporations like Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc. were started in colleges and garages, but at some point, they needed large investments to become the corporations they are now.

Your originally argument is that the internet, Google, and smart phones wouldn't exist without billionaire funding.
It wasn't an "argument", it was an off-the-cuff reply to a tweet that mentioned "the rich", and you certainly don't have to be a billionaire to be considered "rich".

VC funding can exist without the people involved being worth 9 figures.
I am going to assume you meant 10 figures (1,000,000,000) No one said that venture capital only exists among billionaires.

You need to show how the internet, and Google wouldn't be possible without large private wealth backing them. At what moments does each fail without them? That is your premise.
My premise, if I had one, is simply that these corporations and services we use wouldn't be what they are today without private investment from rich people. And really, that goes for any large corporation, not just the ones I mentioned.

I feel like this is a great example of someone who works in a adjacent field, so that makes them an expert in the one that want to speak about. I'm honestly done arguing the origins of the internet. It's not the purpose of this thread. If you want some recommendations for books to educate yourself. Please PM me. There are a couple of books on Google to read. I personally enjoyed In The Plex, but it's going to be dated by now.
Ah, there you are :hihi:

The record speaks for itself.

Sure. Was it Sanford money that financed all of those companies that sit on Silicon valley?

Arguably?

Is fiber all that is needed?

Nope.

In general, poor people don't have the venture capital or the collateral assets to create large corporations that require infrastructure and employees across the US.

Sure, many corporations like Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc. were started in colleges and garages, but at some point, they needed large investments to become the corporations they are now.

It wasn't an "argument", it was an off-the-cuff reply to a tweet that mentioned "the rich", and you certainly don't have to be a billionaire to be considered "rich".

I am going to assume you meant 10 figures (1,000,000,000) No one said that venture capital only exists among billionaires.

My premise, if I had one, is simply that these corporations and services we use wouldn't be what they are today without private investment from rich people. And really, that goes for any large corporation, not just the ones I mentioned.

Ah, there you are :hihi:

You win. Thumbs up, move on.

Elon revises Twitter’s policy on hate speech. It’s now allowed - just won’t be “boosted”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom