Elton John: 'i Would Ban Religion Completely' (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
ELTON JOHN: 'I WOULD BAN RELIGION COMPLETELY'
Sat Nov 11 2006 15:42:55 ET

Sir Elton John wants religion banned completely -- because he believes it promotes hatred of gays.

Speaking to the Observer Music Monthly Magazine the singer said religion lacked compassion and turned people into "hateful lemmings".

Developing...

http://drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

SIR ELTON, NOT VERY TOLERANT OF RELIGION

Last edited:
He will have his wish soon enough!!.....the place where he's going has no religion whatsoever!......he will feel right at home there!

msgarrison_1152622285.jpg

If he wants the world run by sea otters, fine.

He will have his wish soon enough!!.....the place where he's going has no religion whatsoever!......he will feel right at home there!

Cleveland? He's going to Cleveland?

Sorry, Sir Elton, but you're no John Lennon. You don't have an "Imagine" in your resume.

But, I'll still fondly listen to the Goodbye Yellowbrick Road album.

Score one for Elton.

By the way, Capt. Fantastic was his best album of the seventies.

Religion is the opium of the masses. - Karl Marx

He said there was a lack of religious leadership, particularly in world politics, and complained that people do not take to the streets to protest any more.

Sir Elton said: "I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people. Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays.

"But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion. From my point of view I would ban religion completely.

"Organised religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

He added: "The world is near escalating to World War Three and where are the leaders of each religion? Why aren't they having a conclave? Why aren't they coming together?

"I said this after 9/11 and people thought I was nuts. Instead of more violence why isn't there a meeting of religious leaders?

There are a number of posters here who hold similar views on organized religion. (Not that it should be banned, per se. But that it's mainly a tool for control with little redeeming value.)

There are a number of posters here who hold similar views on organized religion. (Not that it should be banned, per se. But that it's mainly a tool for control with little redeeming value.)

Because in every religion THERE are moral absolutes!!.....and every religion considers homosexuality A PERVERSION!.....and yes.....the homosexuals ARE PERVERTS!.....NO WONDER HE WANTS TO BAN ALL RELIGION, INSTEAD TURNING AWAY FROM HIS SINFUL STATE!

Cause every religion AGREES on those premises......being a homosexual, is being in the state of sin......and Elton John PREFERS being in a sinful state, so he lashes out against all those institutions which shed a light on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom