Elton John: 'i Would Ban Religion Completely' (1 Viewer)

I think Mr. Elton John should look at Dr. Martin Luther King, Ghandi, and other peaceful members of the American Civil Rights movement in the 50's and 60's for another opinion on why religion in his opinion sucks. What a tool IMHO. If he wants to ban religion, I guess this means no religous freedom guranteed in the Constitution, DOI, and the total slippery slope to a place where people are attacked on the streets as he puts it becuase they arent apart of his anti-religous elitism

Because in every religion THERE are moral absolutes!!.....and every religion considers homosexuality A PERVERSION!.....and yes.....the homosexuals ARE PERVERTS!.....NO WONDER HE WANTS TO BAN ALL RELIGION, INSTEAD TURNING AWAY FROM HIS SINFUL STATE!

Cause every religion AGREES on those premises......being a homosexual, is being in the state of sin......and Elton John PREFERS being in a sinful state, so he lashes out against all those institutions which shed a light on that.

Is this another reductio ad absurdum post like your Rush Limbaugh "ribbon" riff?

Because in every religion THERE are moral absolutes!!.....and every religion considers homosexuality A PERVERSION!.....and yes.....the homosexuals ARE PERVERTS!.....NO WONDER HE WANTS TO BAN ALL RELIGION, INSTEAD TURNING AWAY FROM HIS SINFUL STATE!

Cause every religion AGREES on those premises......being a homosexual, is being in the state of sin......and Elton John PREFERS being in a sinful state, so he lashes out against all those institutions which shed a light on that.

I am in disagreeance.

Not all religions are intolerant of homosexuality. Episcopalians for instance.

Also there's a difference between moral beliefs about homosexuality and blatant homophobia cloaked in religion that many exhibit.

Taurus, since you are an athiest, let me ask you a question, if you are an athiest and truly believe people have the right to believe whatever they want to beleive, this is a logical contradiction, it plays right into the religus rights hands. They will paint a picture of atheists that wil make your heard spin, they will be seen as people who want to destroy them, arrest and imprison people becuase they believe in a God, and make it a criminal act to belong to a religion. Thats what in essence he's saying, if you beleive in a God, or any other religous deity, your a criminal, hands down no discussion needed. Thats not what people like John Locke and the enlightenment wanted, they may have been agnostics or non diests, but they had at least a respect for the bible and the effect it had on people , well what do you have here?
It paints a pretty bad picture of athiests when on of you says he would outlaw religion, in fact it goes agianst what you believe in secular humanisist ideals

Is this another reductio ad absurdum post like your Rush Limbaugh "ribbon" riff?

LMAO!!....all I did was reciting the stance most religions preach!.....But I'm still wearing a ribbon!....

because I care......about what?....I have no idea.....LOL!

MEGA DITTOS RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Singe1301:

Elton John's comments are exactly why church and state matters should be seperate.

So you are saying REb that religion be outlawed or crminalized? Thats not seperation, that is making it a crime to believe in a God or a religous deity, thats what he's saying in essenbce, he would ban it completely.

Not everyone is going to like you for a variety of reasons. However, I'm willing to bet that they are religious people who think homosexuality is wrong but don't hate Elton John because he's a homosexual.

I can understand his anger and frustration but comments like his are equally as irresponsible as those he derides.

Elton will enjoy a British future ruled by the Caliphate extending across Europe and through the nations south of Russia. Their tolerance of homosexuals is well-documented.

/never liked his music
//Zeppelin rules

I'm all for the abolishment of all religions.

Saint 77, I would abolish you to an unknown island with 3 hot women who were single and in their 20's and were looking for a party

Party time baby

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom