Elvis Dumervil and James Harrison potential free agents. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just read that the broncos are asking him to take a pay cut, his agent said he is open to a restructure but not a pay cut. If a compromise can't be worked out he may be released. Also read the same thing about James Harrison last night. Man i would love to get elvis in b&g. He has 20.5 sacks over the past 2yrs after missing all of 2010 with that biceps injury and the year before that he had 17.5 sacks. This kid knows how to get to qbs, i just wonder if he will still command a contract close to the one he has now if he hits the open market. His salary this year is $12mil and we definitely wouldnt be able to afford that, however if the saints being interested in Revis rumors are true, i would rather us give dumervil $12m than revis $15-16 mil. Thoughts?

Dumervil OK with Broncos contract restructure, not a pay cut | News | NFL.com

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000148436/report-james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-might-part/

He said he wanted a restructured contract rather than a pay cut...so for the Saints to sign him...we're looking at major bucks...so basically...12 mil won't be realistic for us at this point...not unless we get WAY below the cap...and that means drastic cutting...or major restructuring on our part....

I would welcome either. Harrison may come cheaper though since he is a little older I'm assuming. Both are good at what they do and the 3-4 has seemed to do both of them well. And in terms of Harrison, I couldn't complain about bringin in someone who could help make our D more physical

So if he plays for the Saints would that mean that Elvis had entered the building?

I would love to get James Harrison just to p off ole roger

I would love for us to bring in James Harrison. It's about time we have someone on this defense that brings that nasty attitude.

Just read that the broncos are asking him to take a pay cut, his agent said he is open to a restructure but not a pay cut. If a compromise can't be worked out he may be released. Also read the same thing about James Harrison last night. Man i would love to get elvis in b&g. He has 20.5 sacks over the past 2yrs after missing all of 2010 with that biceps injury and the year before that he had 17.5 sacks. This kid knows how to get to qbs, i just wonder if he will still command a contract close to the one he has now if he hits the open market. His salary this year is $12mil and we definitely wouldnt be able to afford that, however if the saints being interested in Revis rumors are true, i would rather us give dumervil $12m than revis $15-16 mil. Thoughts?

Report: James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers might part | News | NFL.com

I'll pass on both of them. Elvis is 29 years old and not a kid. James Harris has a target on his back which we don't need.

Both/either would be great but Elvis costs too much, and Harrison has been battling injuries lately and he's entering the latter years of his career.

As for Harrison I don't care about his "reputation"... the guy plays hard. If his back wasn't junky I'd welcome him but I'm ready to see what Juneya and Tez can do from the edges.

All things being equal, I'd love to have them on our team. However, I don't think we're in a cap situation where we could invest in what either of these would want.

Elvis Dumervil will in no way shape or form be released by the Broncos. He has 63.5 sacks in 6 seasons and is still in his prime. The Broncos are just trying to work cap space for free agency

Report: James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers might part | News | NFL.com

Report: Steelers on verge of cutting James Harrison

Harrison has had back issues for a while now and has been in decline. Still would love to have him.

Could sign Harrison at a league minimum - he could make up the rest in our bounty program. Dude would rule our bounty program. He would clean out the bounty pool every week. Tax-free too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom