Elysium (1 Viewer)

This is not a "blow stuff up" pacific rim type action blockbuster.

Well then maybe the hero shouldn't be in a mech suit.

I think Matt Damon actually goes to the hospital 3 times in the film.:jpshakehead:

Rambo stitched his own wound up.

Robocop rolled out with his bald head and destroyed stuff.

Commando killed everyone involved.

Matt Damon fell asleep sitting down.

You make the call.

yay so i got dragged by my significant other to see this yesterday. after reading the numerous glowing reviews in this thread, i wasn't all that thrilled to go. after all said and done, much like district 9, the guy who plays kruger is awesome, story line plot holes aside, watchable movie when seeing it with low-expectations, and there were a pair of awesome black n gold who dat droids. it was "eh." worthy of watching once; not worthy of seeing it in a theater.

yay so i got dragged by my significant other to see this yesterday. after reading the numerous glowing reviews in this thread, i wasn't all that thrilled to go. after all said and done, much like district 9, the guy who plays kruger is awesome, story line plot holes aside, watchable movie when seeing it with low-expectations, and there were a pair of awesome black n gold who dat droids. it was "eh." worthy of watching once; not worthy of seeing it in a theater.

That was my hope. To set expectations so low, others could actually enjoy it

I wasn't going to miss it

I read the bad reviews, but the trailer was beautiful, and I've made it a habit going to the movies ~11am on Mondays to watch anything -remotely- sci-fi/special f/x heavy (I regret missing Life of Pi like you wouldn't believe)

That said, the writing was both bad and preachy
Damon can act, but he couldn't save the film with being able to cry on cue
Foster mailed it in

The movie still looked good on an IMAX, and I'd say it's probably worth $5 for that reason (and only that reason)

I wasn't going to miss it

I read the bad reviews, but the trailer was beautiful, and I've made it a habit going to the movies ~11am on Mondays to watch anything -remotely- sci-fi/special f/x heavy (I regret missing Life of Pi like you wouldn't believe)

That said, the writing was both bad and preachy
Damon can act, but he couldn't save the film with being able to cry on cue
Foster mailed it in

The movie still looked good on an IMAX, and I'd say it's probably worth $5 for that reason (and only that reason)

I'm pretty much the exact same way as far as watching sci-fi at the theatre. By the time I got around to Pacific Rim, they only had one late 3-D showing which I can't make.

I was disappointed and it gave me an idea.

I wish they had 2nd run 3-D cinemas. That way, you could still go see the 3-D movies you missed for $4-5$. That would be great.

I'm pretty much the exact same way as far as watching sci-fi at the theatre. By the time I got around to Pacific Rim, they only had one late 3-D showing which I can't make.

I was disappointed and it gave me an idea.

I wish they had 2nd run 3-D cinemas. That way, you could still go see the 3-D movies you missed for $4-5$. That would be great.

Man, I would love that. The -only- reason I go to the movies since the re-release of "A New Hope" is to experience a movie in a way I can't at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom