Elysium (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This seems like an interesting movie..

In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on Elysium – a Stanford torus space habitat in Earth orbit – while the rest live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only one with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is 36 year-old Max De Costa (Matt Damon), an ordinary man in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces.

amu5ejav.jpg

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium_(film)............................................. http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1535108/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oIBtePb-dGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know the internet's running our of URL's when the site name they have to go with is www . Itsbetterupthere . Com

You know the internet's running our of URL's when the site name they have to go with is www . Itsbetterupthere . Com

It makes sense to me. The movie is about the wealthy living like kings in a space station orbiting the Earth, thus it's better up there than down on Earth.

Looks like typical Hollywood preachy crap against "those horrible Americans" trying to keep out the rest of the world. Never mind that Hollywood is run by the rich elite they supposedly are indicting.

Did Michael moore produce this flick?

It makes sense to me. The movie is about the wealthy living like kings in a space station orbiting the Earth, thus it's better up there than down on Earth.

Yeah not saying its not related but something like www . Elysium . Com would be better but....

Looks like typical Hollywood preachy crap against "those horrible Americans". Never mind that Hollywood is run by the rich elite they supposedly are indicting.

Did Michael moore produce this flick?

I think the real point is in the year 2173 or whatever Jason Bourne is brought out of cryofreeze, made a cyborg, and goes after a secret agency fronting as an outer space real estate developer.

Awful movie. I honestly didn't care about the politics of it (or I wouldn't have seen it). The acting was obviously good with Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, and the action was good enough. But the characters were terrible (I'm still not clear on what the main bad guy's deal was), and the story was weak and predictable (plus so trite).

Awful movie. I honestly didn't care about the politics of it (or I wouldn't have seen it). The acting was obviously good with Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, and the action was good enough. But the characters were terrible (I'm still not clear on what the main bad guy's deal was), and the story was weak and predictable (plus so trite).
Agree with everything you said.

Big Matt Damon fan, mostly because of the Bourne series.

But this was absolute crap.

Not only should you not go see it at the theater, don't rent it for $1.00 when it hits Redbox either.
Thumbs way down.

That's so disappointing to hear.

Don't listen to what them 2 said, from a true critic , the movie was awesome, especially with the high tech guns and the suits with the force fields were amazing. The guy that was the main person in district 9 was one of the bad guys and did a great job. Plus don't take it from me, 65% on rotten tomatoes/ 3 out of 5 stars on yahoo.com.

Don't listen to what them 2 said, from a true critic , the movie was awesome, especially with the high tech guns and the suits with the force fields were amazing. The guy that was the main person in district 9 was one of the bad guys and did a great job. Plus don't take it from me, 65% on rotten tomatoes/ 3 out of 5 stars on yahoo.com.

If you are a true critic please post a picture of your critic certification.

if I combine what you said with the two negative reports then I get a movie with "cool" special affects but not substance. That is the very definition of what is wrong with 95 percent of Hollywood today. Please stop reviewing movies so that Hollywood will be forced to be creative again. :jpshakehead:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie was terrible.

The characters were nonexistent.

They put a metal super suit on Matt Damon which he never uses because he is too busy passing out, dying and getting his butt handed to him by everyone from robot cops to a robot parole officer.

One would think that the movie was setting up the Christ like figure for a big pay off. You know, a big fight with a level boss. Nope.

Damon's move to defeat the bad guy ( the flip ) could have been performed without the suit. Whats the point?

Why rob us of Foster having it all blow up in her face? Why kill her just to die alone?Instead the "rebels" take control in the face of Patel, who was previously painted as an ok dude. Weird. What was the pay off and why was this done?

There are robot cops breaking your arm on the way to work but an interstellar fugitive can hide under pigs.

How dare they name him Max!

Every action scene is in the trailer. The rest of the movie is a close up shot of Damon's sweaty face as he struggles to stay conscious.

Damon had ample time to get in a med bed. I thought for sure, when he arrived at Elysium it would be med bed, fight like hell. Nope.

He has a super suit but apparently it doesn't matter because he needs to take a bunch of meth pills to fight. Which is it?

The answer is, meth pills. Never needed the suit unless you count breaking a seat to free Frey. I would have told her to undo her seatbelt. Inexplicable scene.

Besides the slo-mo action coupled with shaky cam, the worst is the flashback situation.

They filmed about 5 mins of flashback and these same 5mins are shown over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. In case they didn't beat you over the head with them enough and you missed the point that he kept his promise, they rerun the whole flashback one last time for you, to end the film.

Matt Damon has 4 lines. "Can you help me?" " I really need help." "i'm gonna help you." " JUST GO!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom