Email from Saints re: 2020 Season (2 Viewers)

How in god’s green earth, the Saints remotely believe LaToya is going to allow any fans in the dome for the upcoming season, is mind boggling to me. The Saints management is either naive, or just dumb.

I’ll take a refund. I have no desire to pay to go to a BLM protest.
And add this to the equation, with white fans sitting for some black national anthem, most blacks probably are not even aware of, and blacks fans and many players taking a knee, sitting down for the United States of America anthem, you end up having a clusterduck situation of people who do not give a dump about the game itself. It will be nothing but a lot of hostilities.

That very well may be the case, but unless he got a different e mail than the one myself and the OP got, I don’t see how he interpreted that.

Getting a good laugh. I was reading my quote of the day this morning. This was a Buddha quote. It basically said that if 10 people looked at the same cloud, there would be 10 interpretations of what it looked like because our brains interpret everything through different filters.

Hope this helps all season ticket holders get into every game safely - lol

How in god’s green earth, the Saints remotely believe LaToya is going to allow any fans in the dome for the upcoming season, is mind boggling to me. The Saints management is either naive, or just dumb.

...or, the most likely scenario, they're working directly with LaToya as well as the state government, being that they are the primary tenant of the city's signature building that itself is state-owned, and they're a local economy gold mine.

Still can’t imagine having a 2020 season. What happens when multiple teams have 1 guy who tests positive? The whole team will have to be quarantined. Been going over this in my head for months and I just can’t imagine a scenario where we have football this year

I question the safety of fans for not only Coronavirus but riots and violence in the name of protest for BLM. All over the country there have been riots and violence and murders in the name of protests and the media will report it as peacefully protest. You will never appease them. When they said they wanted the Confederate monuments removed some said that won’t be enough and it was a slippery slope. Now it’s Washington Jefferson Grant and Lincoln but that’s not going to make them happy or their lives better either.

I question the safety of fans for not only Coronavirus but riots and violence in the name of protest for BLM. All over the country there have been riots and violence and murders in the name of protests and the media will report it as peacefully protest. You will never appease them. When they said they wanted the Confederate monuments removed some said that won’t be enough and it was a slippery slope. Now it’s Washington Jefferson Grant and Lincoln but that’s not going to make them happy or their lives better either.

Not to say the riots are a good thing....but 17 people have died in riots this year. 131,000 Americans have died from the corona. There’s a uh........small difference

I guess if the news station I watched used B-Roll footage from like 5 weeks ago for every report they do on the protests, I'd believe that too. The truth is, the "riots" ended probably within 10 days of Floyd's killing. Sure there have been a few isolated incidents since then (namely the Atlanta situation that sparked brief civil unrest), but to term everything that's going on as "riots" shows that a.) you're misinformed, b.) that you have no desire to seek the truth, and c.) that I am very likely wasting my time making this post to address you, because you won't listen anyway.

However, in case I am wrong on that last part, try this on for size...

I'm doubtful that the NFL plays in front of full stadiums, but I'm positive that the Saints will not be an outlier and keep fans away if other stadiums allow fans. It will start in NY and California and when it happens, the NFL will have big decisions to make. LaToya needs to just go along to get along and not step out there and try to be a hero.

Saints home games are sold out with a waiting list for season tickets - no incentive for the team to offer an "option" to get a refund for this year while keeping your rights for next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom