Email from Saints re: 2020 Season (1 Viewer)

krundlemoose

Resident Weirdo
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I just received an email form the Saints about an hour ago, presumably to season ticket holders, regarding the 2020 season. Didn’t see anything posted about it yet so I’ll paste it here for those interested.
We hope you and your family are safe and healthy as we navigate these unprecedented times. Since the very beginning of this pandemic, we have been working with healthcare professionals, government leaders, the National Football League, ASM Global, industry experts and others to ensure that when we returned to play your experience will be as safe as possible. While we have been working on safety procedures and protocols that would allow us to safely host games with full attendance, we have also been working on countless scenarios to host games that may include limited fan attendance, should the prevailing healthcare guidance require us to do so.

As you might have read, the NFL announced this week that each team's individual attendance policy will be dictated by state, local and CDC guidance. These policies will be flexible in order to account for changing conditions and health and safety requirements as we progress through the NFL season. We will continue to work closely with our government leaders and healthcare professionals over the coming weeks to prepare for the 2020 NFL season and to determine what the initial attendance policies will be for the beginning of our season. Of course, our hope is to begin the season with full attendance, however, the health and safety of our fans, stadium and team staff, players, coaches and other participants will ultimately determine how many fans we will be able to accommodate throughout the season.

As a reminder, while we do not anticipate the cancelation of any games, should a cancelation occur you will be entitled to your choice of a refund or credit towards future ticket purchases. In addition, we will be reaching out shortly to request more information regarding your preferences for attending games should a partial attendance policy be implemented for any of our 2020 NFL season games. As always, should you have any questions please contact your Ticket Representative by email or call (504)731-1700.

Thanks to you, we have the greatest home field advantage in sports and have earned the ranking of Best Fan Experience in the NFL for the past three seasons. We are doing everything we can to safely welcome you back to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome this season. Your health and safety, and that of your fellow fans, is our first consideration, and we are committed to providing you the best, and safest, fan experience in the NFL. Our team will continue to keep you updated on all possible scenarios as they become available.

Thank you, and stay safe!

Just read it. From my perspective, they’re anticipating a season, but with no fans.

My friend just told me that he got the email, and his interpretation was that he wouldn’t have tickets for this season.
That very well may be the case, but unless he got a different e mail than the one myself and the OP got, I don’t see how he interpreted that. Maybe he was in the first 8 rows?

That very well may be the case, but unless he got a different e mail than the one myself and the OP got, I don’t see how he interpreted that. Maybe he was in the first 8 rows?
I believe he did. I sit in row 3 of the plaza and my email was the same as the OP for the first two paragraphs, then has a different 3rd and 4th paragraphs than the one in the OP.

Dear Alan,

We hope you and your family are safe and healthy as we navigate these unprecedented times. Since the very beginning of this pandemic, we have been working with healthcare professionals, government leaders, the National Football League, ASM Global, industry experts and others to ensure that when we returned to play your experience will be as safe as possible. While we have been working on safety procedures and protocols that would allow us to safely host games with full attendance, we have also been working on countless scenarios to host games that may include limited fan attendance should the prevailing healthcare guidance require us to do so.

As you might have read, the NFL announced this week that each team's individual attendance policy will be dictated by state, local and CDC guidance. These policies will be flexible in order to account for changing conditions and health and safety requirements as we progress through the NFL season. We will continue to work closely with our government leaders and healthcare professionals over the coming weeks to prepare for the 2020 NFL season and to determine what the initial attendance policies will be for the beginning of our season. Of course, our hope is to begin the season with full attendance, however, the health and safety of our fans, stadium and team staff, players, coaches and other participants will ultimately determine how many fans we will be able to accommodate throughout the season.

The NFL has determined that, out of an abundance of caution, all NFL stadiums will be required to cover the first eight (8) rows of seating for at least the 2020 Preseason and Regular Season. This policy will be reviewed prior to the 2020 Postseason. While this means we cannot make your season ticket location available this year, we are working to make other lower level locations available to you, and will present those options as soon as they are available. You will, of course, have the option to receive a refund or credit towards future tickets with no loss of Season Ticket Holder status for next season, if you prefer. Your Ticket Representative will be reaching out to you directly to review options and answer any questions you might have. We apologize for the inconvenience this NFL policy is causing you and will do everything within our power to find a solution that works best for you.

As a reminder, while we do not anticipate the cancelation of any games, should a cancelation occur you will be entitled to your choice of a refund or credit towards future ticket purchases. In addition, we will be reaching out shortly to request more information regarding your preferences for attending games should a partial attendance policy be implemented for any of our 2020 NFL season games. As always, should you have any questions please contact your Ticket Representative by email or call (504)731-1700.

Thanks to you, we have the greatest home field advantage in sports and have earned the ranking of best Fan Experience in the NFL for the past three seasons. We are doing everything we can to safely welcome you back to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome this season. Your health and safety, and that of your fellow fans, is our first consideration and we are committed to providing you the best, and safest, fan experience in the NFL. Our team will continue to keep you updated on all possible scenarios as they become available.

Thank you, and stay safe!

I believe he did. I sit in row 3 of the plaza and my email was the same as the OP for the first two paragraphs, then has a different 3rd and 4th paragraphs than the one in the OP.
That makes sense. Mine was the exact same as OP. Thanks for sharing.

I do believe that to be the case. He changed seats (he was in like row 20 something (in a section towards the endzone), and this year he bought 3 seats (still towards the end zone) but in row 5. He asked me if I wanted to go in on tickets with him but I declined as I had to put that money elsewhere (glad I did).

Please just make reasonable accommodations and let people decide whether to go!
It looks like local officials in each NFL city will be making the call in that regard.
I'm sure that if it were totally up to the individual franchises, it would be 'game on' for everyone who wants to be there.

FWIW apparently the Bears sent an email to their STHs offering the option of a refund of the 2020 season with opportunity to renew in 2021.

texans just said they are giving season ticket holder options. Go and hope, pass on this season and count paid money to the next and get 10% off concessions or refund.

I called the ticket office yesterday and was told they’re currently only offering that option to holders in the first 8 rows and that it may change in the next week or two.

From what I’ve read the Bears, Texans, Rams, Giants, Jets, and Patriots are all offering refunds without losing rights the following year. The Eagles had previously deferred season ticket payments to today and announced recently they would not be processing these payments.

Thanks for the post. I hadn't received this email and had to call. Not sure why I didn't get this, I receive all other emails from the Saints, especially regarding payment due!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom