Emanuel Sanders (1 Viewer)

Like Jack Rabbit, we couldn’t afford him at the time
I dunno, the Bills cap hit is only $4.6 million and I think we could have structured that deal in such a way that it was just under $3 million.

The problem being you didn't know TQS would get injured (although you should have factored that in), and the mysterious MT ankle surgery saga playing out. All that came after the fact. And Callaway looked like he was ready to step up (even though he really hasn't for the most part).

It's all unfortunate. Especially in a transition year in trying to figure out if Drew's successor is on this team.

The silver lining is Winston may play just well enough for us to have a winning record and possibly even making the playoffs, but not play well enough to get much interest from other teams. We could have our starting quarterback for an inexpensive price for the next 4 to 5 years ($20-25 million).

Last edited:
So what is the alternative? A traditional pocket QB. Just about every QB coming out of college will have some type of mobility.
I don't know yet, I think so. Guys like Burrow, Mac Jones are still plentiful. I'm not against QB's with mobility. I like a QB that has the ability to take off when things break down and get some cheap yardage before sliding, I'm against having my franchise QB running 5-10 times a game.

It's also possible I'm completely wrong and the way the NFL is protecting players will allow this generation of QB's to truly be able to stretch defenses to the breaking point without having their bodies break down. QB may become a 10 year position like everything else. I'll have to see a running QB actually win a SB before I buy into that though. Hell, they may even have to win two before it becomes a trend. Kyler Murray, Josh Allen and Lamar sure look poised to make a run this year. Murray has looked so good this season but he is getting dinged up every week from an AC joint sprain to ankle sprain, he's already fortunate that he hasn't been severely injured. I thought he might have broke his collarbone twice this season from taking big hits. Josh Allen reminds me a lot of pre-injury Carson Wentz but even better. Wentz was looking like the next great QB but one random run for a TD he gets hurt and he spent the next 3 years trying to find his game again.

Lamar is so good, particularly when they go hurry up. I really don't know if he can be stopped in a 2 minute drill. In fact, I think he is the best in the league running no-huddle and he just abuses defenses. When he plays fast he isn't thinking and just playing and it's really special. It doesn't change how much he takes hits though.

I don't know yet, I think so. Guys like Burrow, Mac Jones are still plentiful. I'm not against QB's with mobility. I like a QB that has the ability to take off when things break down and get some cheap yardage before sliding, I'm against having my franchise QB running 5-10 times a game.

It's also possible I'm completely wrong and the way the NFL is protecting players will allow this generation of QB's to truly be able to stretch defenses to the breaking point without having their bodies break down. QB may become a 10 year position like everything else. I'll have to see a running QB actually win a SB before I buy into that though. Hell, they may even have to win two before it becomes a trend. Kyler Murray, Josh Allen and Lamar sure look poised to make a run this year. Murray has looked so good this season but he is getting dinged up every week from an AC joint sprain to ankle sprain, he's already fortunate that he hasn't been severely injured. I thought he might have broke his collarbone twice this season from taking big hits. Josh Allen reminds me a lot of pre-injury Carson Wentz but even better. Wentz was looking like the next great QB but one random run for a TD he gets hurt and he spent the next 3 years trying to find his game again.

Lamar is so good, particularly when they go hurry up. I really don't know if he can be stopped in a 2 minute drill. In fact, I think he is the best in the league running no-huddle and he just abuses defenses. When he plays fast he isn't thinking and just playing and it's really special. It doesn't change how much he takes hits though.
What is running QB?

What is running QB?
A lot of different ways to define it. A QB that has designed runs called for him multiple times a game. A QB that leads his team in rushing or has more than a couple carries a game. A QB that defenses refuse to play anything but zone because they fear a QBs legs more than his arm.

A lot of different ways to define it. A QB that has designed runs called for him multiple times a game. A QB that leads his team in rushing or has more than a couple carries a game. A QB that defenses refuse to play anything but zone because they fear a QBs legs more than his arm.
You won

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom