Emeril's, Restaurant August or Brigstens (1 Viewer)

Brigstens, Restaurant August or Emerils?

• Brigstens

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Restaurant August

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Emerils

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Buzd,
Thank you for the advice. Do they take reservations? I have had friends-patients that liked Herbstaint, but I think I remember something about group tables (?) or no reservations or something that made me think "I am not so sure about this." I could have very easilly gotten this mixed up though. I would like to support Donald Link because he is a hero of mine for his support of the city in the early days after Katrina. Also, if we go to Herbsaint. what do you recommend?

Buzd,
Thank you for the advice. Do they take reservations? I have had friends-patients that liked Herbstaint, but I think I remember something about group tables (?) or no reservations or something that made me think "I am not so sure about this." I could have very easilly gotten this mixed up though. I would like to support Donald Link because he is a hero of mine for his support of the city in the early days after Katrina. Also, if we go to Herbsaint. what do you recommend?

Herbstaint :covri: :hihi:

Yes they take reservations, no they don't have group tables (maybe that was Cochon?) Good Sazeracs (and bar, in general, though cramped). Get the frog legs app - lightly fried in a Crystal/butter sauce (like a wing sauce) - unbelievable and a lot of legs. The pork belly app over white beans, and the short ribs are both really good entrees - I would try anything there - I like this restaurant a lot. The banana tart with fleur-de-del caramel sauce is an awesome dessert.

Thank you Buzd. I LOVE Sazeracs! Consider it a done deal. Being born and bred in New Orleans I am very connected to the city (Hey, my ancestor built the Pontalba Apartments!), but I have been on the Northshore for over 20 years and I am not up on the currnet restaurant scene. I really appreciate your advice.

Can you wear blue jeans to get in herbsaint for lunch?

August it is.... Should I order the 5 course tasting and does anyone have any idea how much it costs? Or should I order individual items and if so how many as I have no clue what I'm doing at a high class establishment such as this one.

We usually like to get a group and get the chef's table and order the "Degustation" menu which is as many as 9 courses. Of course, this is a ton of food even with tiny portions, but there are things I've had there I would never have conceived before. Do the wine pairings if you're a thirsty sort and expect to drop $150 per. I think the 5 course is usually $95 and you really can't go wrong. A great way to check the place out is to order an assortment of appetizers to share.

The 5 course tasting is around $95 per person and I believe the entire table has to order it... I don't remember if it includes wine. If you are going with a small party it would be worth trying, but for a large group I would order individually off of the menu.

fixt.

Thank you Buzd. I LOVE Sazeracs! Consider it a done deal. Being born and bred in New Orleans I am very connected to the city (Hey, my ancestor built the Pontalba Apartments!), but I have been on the Northshore for over 20 years and I am not up on the currnet restaurant scene. I really appreciate your advice.

John Besh, proprietor of August, Luke, Besh's Steak at Harrahs and the brand new Domenica, is a North Shore kid from Slidell. He also owns La Provence in Lacombe. Give it a try sometime - it rocks too. I don't know Link, but I can't see how anyone has given more to NOLA than Besh since Katrina and his food is truly world class.

Herbstaint :covri: :hihi:

Yes they take reservations, no they don't have group tables (maybe that was Cochon?) Good Sazeracs (and bar, in general, though cramped). Get the frog legs app - lightly fried in a Crystal/butter sauce (like a wing sauce) - unbelievable and a lot of legs. The pork belly app over white beans, and the short ribs are both really good entrees - I would try anything there - I like this restaurant a lot. The banana tart with fleur-de-del caramel sauce is an awesome dessert.

Geeze, I need to go back there soon. I hate reading your posts about food!

Buzd,

Don't forget Susan Spicer's Bayona. I would put it in the same class as August and they do take reservations.

if a restaurant takes reservations, then make them. always.

Even if you are half an hour out, you should call and tell them you're coming. And always cancel if you're not going to make a reservation.

Can you wear blue jeans to get in herbsaint for lunch?

They won't turn you away. I think dress is business casual. Check the "people of walmart" thread for what not to wear. There was a table with jeans and flipflops at Brigtsen's Sat night :covri:.

They have an absinthe sazerac that sounds really intruiging, but I recommend you stay with the classic - much better, IMO. "fleur-de-del" in the previous post should read "fleur de sel" which is a salted caramel sauce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom