Emmanuel Sanders says in his 11-year career he's "never seen" officiating like the Saints get (1 Viewer)

The Saints coaching staff and front office know that they are supposed to just shut up and take it. They are all VERY highly paid people. They are not going to rock the boat. They know if they do rock the boat, they will get fined or suspended.

I would love to see the team just walk off the field after a terrible call, just quit. It won't happen, they make too much money, but it would be a nice thing to see.

We basically have to accept as Saints fans that the NFL has an "agenda" and part of that agenda is to hose the Saints.

I believe the theories about the NFL’s yearly agenda are true... I honestly do... but it hasn’t always been against the Saints... for many many years, the Saints were just another team that most folks didn’t care at all about.

Then Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, and the aftermath brought Drew Brees and Sean Payton... and then the Saints were a “feel good” story, with a good guy QB and a whizz-kid head coach... Go look back at the 2009 season, and tell me the Saints didn’t get 99% of the calls in their favor.
Just off the top of my head:
-Sharper fumbled into the end zone during the big comeback win vs the Dolphins, but it stood.
-No personal foul/roughing calls when they obliterated Warner and Favre in the playoffs.
-The 4th down run to PT in overtime against the Vikings in the NFCCG... PT fumbled the ball backwards as he was going over the top and re-gained possession behind the line to gain... it stood.
-The PI call on Dave Thomas in OT of that game on an uncatchable ball.
...and I’m sure there are many more...

The Saints were the big story in 2009... they were the new America’s Team that year!

Then Bounty Gate “happened”... and the Saints immediately became the “bad guys”. Sharper turns out to be a rapist dirtbag... Payton then gets on the wrong side of King Roger... and the rest is history. Since then, the Saints have been one of the “heels” of the NFL. The Saints went from being Hulk Hogan in 2009 -to- Bobby “the Brain” Heenan ever since.

I can’t imagine that the Drew Brees controversy this past offseason helped the team any...

It is fairly blatant this year. Two biggest factors are we keep constantly getting huge PI calls only on 3rd down. And we keep getting back breaking holding calls on drives where we are about to get some serious momentum.

Those are the two fastest ways to swing a game. And happens to us over and over and over and over
I've been saying that for years. Thank you!!!

I'm glad he said it. Us Saints fans are called whiners all the time but I'd love for them to watch our games and see how we get officiated. There's a double standard for us. It's an absolute joke!

He knows first hand in that Raiders game his "blindside block" was a total ******* joke!

The PI's we get..the OPI's we don't get. Our opponents can do whatever they want when they want but if we even remotely look like we did something, it's flag! Nice horse collar *******!

It is fairly blatant this year. Two biggest factors are we keep constantly getting huge PI calls only on 3rd down. And we keep getting back breaking holding calls on drives where we are about to get some serious momentum.

Those are the two fastest ways to swing a game. And happens to us over and over and over and over
I have been seeing this OVER and OVER and OVER. Phantom offensive holding calls against us and then I'll see Cameron Jordan or Sheldon Rankins get TACKLED in front of the official and no flag and it's so incredibly freaking frustrating. And you know 2nd and 2 is WAAAAAY different than 1st and 20. I think I saw a stat that 80% of drives with offensive holding penalties end in punts. And we CONSTANTLY get them while our opponents are allowed to maul our D-Linemen.

Feels like the Refs still have it out for the Saints for causing the league to implement challenge flags last season.
And for the fact that our HC does things like wear a Roger Goodell clown shirt during a media session. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s hilarious (and Goodell IS a clown), but things like that doesn’t sit well with the man in power. Anyone with a sensible mind, can see exactly what Goodell does to our team. With that being said, others (who are not watching Saints games) would argue that it’s just conspiracy theories. And the league knows that, so they will keep on doing what they are doing to us. That’s why I’ve come to terms that we will not win another SB, until Sean Payton is gone from our organization. That doesn’t mean that I want him gone, but I’ve come to terms with it. SP/Drew could realistically have had 2 more SBs to their resume if it wasn’t for terrible officiating, maybe even 3.

I agree with everyone here, I hate the “penalties” excuse and I’ve seen some bad calls on other teams. Difference is, it happens once to that team, not like the Saints when they’ll have 4-5 in the same game. Heck, we saw last game on one offensive possession they got 3 in a row! Three!! They’re daring us to do anything about and they know we can’t

I am not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but there's no doubt in my mind and especially based on the video evidence and stats, the Saints are blatantly over penalized while their opponents are blatantly under penalized.

Result: overwhelmingly affected game outcomes...
in favor of the opponents

Reason: someone in a position of power doesn't want the Saints to win

Conclusion: Rigged 😡

and Sanders comment aint gonna help none.
That's right. The more the officials hear us griping, the more they will be looking for Saints' infractions just to prove their not 'inventing' penalties on the Saints.
It's just human nature for the refs to want to defend themselves by wanting to show the penalties are our fault and are legitimate. :covri: We're even more doomed now!

I know for a fact that it's not rigged. But there is definitely bias.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom