Emmanuel Sanders says in his 11-year career he's "never seen" officiating like the Saints get (1 Viewer)

While we are on the subject of mistreatment of our Saints and I don’t mean to thread jack, but has anyone ever noticed how the cameras would continue to roll, when SP is relaying the plays? It’s a close camera pan on his face. I watch many games and I don’t see that too often with other play callers. I’d like to think it’s just me being paranoid, but like I said, I don’t see that with other teams. There has been

Rigged? Possible.
However, it IS fact that the league does communicate with officials on how to officiate games. It’s like that in all major sports. Not saying that they are telling the officials to determine the outcome of the game, but they DO tell officials what to look out for and how to officiate certain players.
It can be a game of inches so it just takes one bad call in the other team's favour as we have seen numerous times. Now to win we have to demolish the other team and play virtually mistake free which no team does. I can see us overcoming and beating lower tier teams but it's going to be hard like our matchup against the Packers. We still could have won the refs just made it harder.

How exactly would you know for a fact that it is not rigged? Are you Roger Goodell, do you work for him?
There are over 120 officials currently employed by the NFL, and there has been some recent turnover of new referees to the league, which means that all this recent talk of conspiring against the Saints would have to be know by more than just the current group of referees. Considering that NFL officiating crews are rotated throughout the league games, that would mean that all (or a vast majority) would have to be instructed on this directive by the league. How then has there not been even one whistleblower from such a large number of prominent members of our society, including the list of those who have recently retired? How can that many men (and women) from all walks of life not have revealed to some other human that the league has created this mandate to thwart the Saints chances of winning football games because they are 'disliked' by corporate headquarters? How are these same groups of sinister crews not able to keep the Saints from pulling off 13 wins for each of the last two regular seasons? Why would the money hungry NFL go out of their way to 'de-popularize' a team that consistently creates some of the biggest TV ratings throughout the year in both the regular and postseasons? And how is it that we see so many other unbelievably bad calls happening in other games around the league as well?

I can't wait to hear the answers to these questions. Next you're going to try to convince everyone that the families of the league officials are being threatened with mob hits every time they allow the Saints to win a football game. :jpshakehead:

We see these officiating flaws each week because we are diehard fans who are scrutinizing imperfect people who are doing a job that has become overly complicated in its rules and super sensitive regarding injury control initiatives. Yes, officials do get a lot wrong during Saints games. But they get a lot wrong in other games too. It's hard to be a good official in today's NFL.

Penalty Differential by team:

Saints are -205 yards
Arizona is - 121 yards
Cleveland is - 90 yards
Dallas is - 69 yards

On the "plus side"

Raiders +131
Minnesota +116
Denver +105
Miami +59

If the Saints had the disparity that the Raiders have instead of what they have, that would be 336 total yards, or 112 yards per game. The Saints would almost certainly be 3-0.

This does not in any way take into account the penalties that have NOT been called on the opposing team.

I bet the word has come down to the networks... Stop questioning calls against the Saints..

Watch this week... Another bogus call.. Cue the booth official...

"That was a GREAT call"

With Vilma in the booth?
Bwahahahahaha
Yeah, I don't see that playing out well for the league. That mandate wouldn't be on a napkin, and would be on the Fox halftime broadcast. 🤣

Apologies if someone has already posted this. It's probably obvious to a lot of fans, but this article dives into the changes in officiating tendencies this year.

If you don't feel like reading it, here's the summary:

NFL wants faster games with more scoring. They're executing this plan by decreasing Offensive Holding calls and increasing DPI calls. (Of course the one example they use of a team getting away with a foul is, you guessed it, the Saints in week 1 on a Kamara TD)

It's crazy. And it's crazy how little anyone even speaks on it in the media. When Saints fans mention it- we're just whining. "Everyone gets bad calls". It's true that every team's fan base complains about penalties, and I get that, but it's almost like the "whining" is so expected by everyone that when something really funny is going on it just gets ignored or dismissed.
Dude you are so right, I have said the same thing so many times!

This says it all

Attachments

• A3E4D919-8582-4BD5-92EC-501E023A4542.png
    A3E4D919-8582-4BD5-92EC-501E023A4542.png
    936.4 KB · Views: 21
There was definitely a shift after the missed PI call. It's like refs now call every PI against us just to fork with us. I think they just need to change what PI is. Allow a little more contact so we dont have PI half of every incomplete pass.

You think there were some "payback" calls today?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom