Emmanuel Sanders traded to the 49ers (1 Viewer)

Maybe I should have dated my quote. I might have saved you some embarrassment.

Sometime between Dec 3rd 2017 and Feb 20th , 2018 Sean Payton gushes about Taysom to Joe Buck, Troy Aikman in TV production meetings and when asked about the future quarterback of the New Orleans Saints, Sean Payton says, “He’s in the building”.

Aug 29th, 2018 Saints Sign Teddy Bridgewater

So was it Chase Daniel? I doubt it was Daniel but I sure as hell know it wasn't Teddy, Sean was talking about.

So go ahead and laugh your arse off. But after you dry your jocular tears and reattach your arse, tell me who you think Payton was referring to?

All those times I was told that Payton knows a heck of a lot more than me .... You think that might apply in your case?

I'm not a fan of double standards and I hope you are not as well.

Even if you remove option 2 from my list, the combined chances of it being either #1 or #3 are somewhere around 99%, and the chances of it being #4 are somewhere between zero and 1 percent.

The date of the quote actually makes your bizarre assertion that our staff sees Taysom as the QB of the future even less likely than it already was (which was almost infinitely unlikely already).

If he knew in 2017 that Taysom Hill was our future QB, why would we go out and spend a high draft pick acquiring Bridgewater? Then why would we pay Bridgewater more than any backup QB in football after having seen Hill in two offseasons? Then why would we make Bridgewater the QB2 and start him in Brees' absence after Payton had seen Hill in three full years?

There is literally zero reality-based evidence that anyone besides a few obsessed fans see Hill as the future QB of the Saints. It's not going to happen.

Your obsession that everything we are seeing is fake news and that there's a deep conspiracy to make Taysom Hill our future QB despite there being zero evidence that it's the plan is on the level of flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers.

I'll leave you the last word - we shouldn't be cluttering up the Sanders thread with a QB debate anyway.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have dated my quote. I might have saved you some embarrassment.

Sometime between Dec 3rd 2017 and Feb 20th , 2018 Sean Payton gushes about Taysom to Joe Buck, Troy Aikman in TV production meetings and when asked about the future quarterback of the New Orleans Saints, Sean Payton says, “He’s in the building”.

Aug 29th, 2018 Saints Sign Teddy Bridgewater

So was it Chase Daniel? I doubt it was Daniel but I sure as hell know it wasn't Teddy, Sean was talking about.

So go ahead and laugh your arse off. But after you dry your jocular tears and reattach your arse, tell me who you think Payton was referring to?

All those times I was told that Payton knows a heck of a lot more than me .... You think that might apply in your case?

I'm not a fan of double standards and I hope you are not as well.
Save your carpal tunnel. I've tried to make the same case you're making now to the same poster only to be told (and I'm paraphrasing) that SP was just saying that to booster TH's confidence. He really didn't mean it.

Save your carpal tunnel. I've tried to make the same case you're making now to the same poster only to be told (and I'm paraphrasing) that SP was just saying that to booster TH's confidence. He really didn't mean it.

I haven't noticed a confidence deficit in Taysom. Am I missing something?

I haven't noticed a confidence deficit in Taysom. Am I missing something?
If Taysom is better than Teddy, someone please explain to me why Payton has started TB at QB the last 4 games.

Even if you remove option 2 from my list, the combined chances of it being either #1 or #3 are somewhere around 99%, and the chances of it being #4 are somewhere between zero and 1 percent.

The date of the quote actually makes your bizarre assertion that our staff sees Taysom as the QB of the future even less likely than it already was (which was almost infinitely unlikely already).

If he knew in 2017 that Taysom Hill was our future QB, why would we go out and spend a high draft pick acquiring Bridgewater? Then why would we pay Bridgewater more than any backup QB in football after having seen Hill in two offseasons? Then why would we make Bridgewater the QB2 and start him in Brees' absence after Payton had seen Hill in three full years?

There is literally zero reality-based evidence that anyone besides a few obsessed fans see Hill as the future QB of the Saints. It's not going to happen.

Your obsession that everything we are seeing is fake news and that there's a deep conspiracy to make Taysom Hill our future QB despite there being zero evidence that it's the plan is on the level of flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers.

I'll leave you the last word - we shouldn't be cluttering up the Sanders thread with a QB debate anyway.

I've been clear that I do not know what Payton's post Drew Game Plan is or how Hill will perform if he is ever given a starting role. Just count me in the group that would like to know those answers.

I don't see TB as an obstacle to Taysom's future. If Taysom wants to QB and the Saints don't have that vision for him. Then Taysom can choose to market himself as a starting QB to any team that wants him in 2021 at the latest. Teddy is not a roadblock or in competition with Taysom on that path.

However I think the enthusiastic Teddy supporters see Taysom as a competitor and potential obstacle to their desire to see Teddy become Drew's successor. I think some of you are actually P'Oed when Taysom is given playing time or shows progress.

I get it ... Saints first. Teddy second and Taysom better not screw it up for you.

Time will tell and I will sleep well either way.

If Taysom is better than Teddy, someone please explain to me why Payton has started TB at QB the last 4 games.

I do not know. You obviously think you do. If Taysom is being groomed to replace Drew then it is a development project as it is or would be with Teddy.

But I will take a wild guess.

1. Drew getting hurt was an abstract idea until it happened.
  2. Teddy was training with the second team in practice, Drew the first team and Taysom was juggling his many roles.
  3. Taysom's QB practice time was more limited.
  4. When Drew came out, Teddy was the obvious choice to step in
  5. You are way off base asking the wrong question. The question was never who is the better QB.
  6. The correct question was and is "which QB was tasked to be an understudy and which was tasked to be a multi role contributor.
  7. Final point. It is not where Taysom is on the learning curve today it is where Payton thinks he will be when Drew hangs up the cleats. And neither of us know that answer.

I’ve been friends with Damond for while now. I just messaged him to see if he can give me some intel

Well? Its been at least 60 seconds since you posted this and there's no intel yet? Fraud! :ROFLMAO:

Two things to choose from:

Saints make a move or they don't.

I mean it is that simple. Two of the teams we have to get past for the trophy got better THIS season. Draft choices are a future thing, great to have them....in the future. Right now there is a major choice that has to be made. Do you go and try and get better THIS YEAR or do you keep a draft pick or two to maybe be better in 2020, 2021, etc?

The Saints are flat out STACKED on both sides of the ball. They should be able to keep all of their top free agents because Loomis is Loomis. He will figure it out. So, where will that future 3rd round pick play? What position can you say a 3rd round pick will take somebody's job? Right Guard in a couple of years, Left Guard if we lose him in free agency? Maybe. OT...haha, dream on, Center, checkmate there also. TE, maybe??? Backup LB'er? There are just not that many spots for players on the roster. If we keep Apple, CB1, CB2 are SET. safety, keep Bell, the other spot, we have 2-3 guys. LB'er, maybe can use one and 3rd round is about right. D-line...get real, a third-round pick would maybe get cut in camp. RB, set. QB, a third-round QB...give me a break. WR????? Really, think that will be better than a one year rental with NFL experience in the equation....nope.

Spend it now. 3rd round pick, if it is a player you want and it is a dumpster fire team, maybe swap 1 and 2nd. Get better THIS YEAR. I would hate to see a team finally figure out how to stop CGM or MORE LIKELY have the refs allow holding on every play and we lose because of that. Like Dallas and Seattle games in fairly recent history.

Spend it now, the new NBA/NFL.

haha - love your idea about swapping our #1 for their #2, but in reality, that would probably mean swapping the #32 pick for the #33 or #34 from the Bengals. Afraid the Bungles would not even do that - unfortunately. AJ Green and the cost would be to move back 1-2 spots in the draft would be the Brinks heist of the decade

I think we'll be looking back at 2019 and asking ourselves what if?

I do believe the front office dropped the ball big time. Again the double whammy is he may very well help what looks to be our biggest threat to the #1 seed win a game in the Dome in a few short weeks.

And we all know this team just can't get it done on the road come playoff time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom