Emmanuel Sanders traded to the 49ers (1 Viewer)

AJ Green isn’t healthy... and they don’t know when he will be. He was a great player at one time, but he would have to learn a new offense AND the Bengals won’t just give him away. I’d say pass unless they’re willing to let him go for a 4th or later... which is HIGHLY unlikely.

Devante Parker is no better than a healthy Trequan Smith.
Maybe Cincy would deal John Ross?
Uhhhhh.....respectfully disagree about Parker/TQS. Parker is better and he is in an awful situation in Miami.

Everyone put away your knives but what about Teddy and later picks for Parker? ASSUMING Drew commits to a new contract and plans to stay for a few. Miami wanted Teddy and Teddy may want to lead a team sooner than Drew wants to let him.

Normally Miami want picks for players but if Teddy is the starter his supporters think he is then he is as good a as a 1st round to Miami.

Yes Yes he played well last weekend and if he can play two good games back to back I'll admit he was better than I gave him credit for.

Soooo it's just a thought, not a Capital Felony .. ✌

Pretty sure we could get Parker for like a 5th or 6th round pick alone. He is trash, and there's no need to trade away our QB2 as well.

Well, that sucks. Sanders could have been a dangerous weapon for us. Hope we can still pull something off before the deadline.

Pretty sure we could get Parker for like a 5th or 6th round pick alone. He is trash, and there's no need to trade away our QB2 as well.

A trade could make more sense than just saying so long at the end of the season. You also under rate Parker. He is far from trash and under Payton and Drew he has a lot of potential. Saints are also thin on draft picks so getting him plus a 3rd and 5th rounder for Teddy could have merit. Reduces our cap as well. Drew's injury was a fluke and there is no reason to think he is suddenly an injury magnet.

A trade could make more sense than just saying so long at the end of the season. You also under rate Parker. He is far from trash and under Payton and Drew he has a lot of potential. Saints are also thin on draft picks so getting him plus a 3rd and 5th rounder for Teddy could have merit. Reduces our cap as well. Drew's injury was a fluke and there is no reason to think he is suddenly an injury magnet.
The Saints are not going to trade Teddy. He has filled the role they envisioned in the event of an injury. Why would they now take that risk for the rest of the season in exchange for a #2 or #3 WR?

On Parker, just a difference of opinion. Good players make themselves known, regardless of QB situation. Jarvis Landry played under the same terrible QBs and did fine, and Jarvis Landry is basically an above average 2nd WR. Parker has been in the league for five years. He is who he is. He averages about 50 yards/game for his career, which happens to be his season average this year, where he's their #1 WR. He's not even an upgrade to Ginn. But if you see some sort of untapped talent in him, all good. I'll admit I don't regularly watch Dolphins games, but when I do, he doesn't stand out at all.

In terms of Brees, sure, the injury was a fluke. But there's a small chance he doesn't fully recover. He's also over 40 which makes him more injury prone than he was ten years ago. He's also the only other actual QB on our roster. I know you're a Taysom fan but I think it's pretty apparent that Payton doesn't see Hill as a viable every-down QB. At least not today. There's no chance we're trading Bridgewater. Will take my lumps if I'm wrong, but I'm not.

I’ve watched every game Parker has ever played (and lots of practices).

He’s not better than TreQuan Smith.

His route running is very limited. He can run go routes and some WR screens. Maybe some crossers. He just isn’t sudden and that’s something we really need from our WRs in this offense.

He does not play as big as he is. Sometimes he will go up and get one (like a few weeks ago in Dallas), but those are few and far between.

I'm not going to lie...I'm a little bit sad right now. Sanders would have been the perfect fit.

An interesting name that i haven't seen is Corey Davis.
Wow. He was the 5th overall pick just a couple years ago. I wouldn't have guessed that he would be a trade possibility, but he could be a stud with Drew throwing to him. Given the initial capital that the Titans used to get him though, combined with the current WR trade market, the Titans would probably ask too much for what the Saints would be willing to pay.

Would you trade our 1st and 4th or 5th for AJ Green and Bengals' 2nd round?

We would be essentially trading our 4th or 5th for Green and flipping our 1st for their 2nd (which would be only a 3-5 difference)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom