Emmit (Word)Smith (1 Viewer)

Judging by some of the verbage and spellings around here, I don't see why it's necessary to pick on the man.

Judging by some of the verbage and spellings around here, I don't see why it's necessary to pick on the man.

Hopefully anybody here that statement applies to won't be handed a job that should depend on some required level of competency with the English language.

Hopefully anybody here that statement applies to won't be handed a job that should depend on some required level of competency with the English language.

I figured someone would come with that. Pernt taken.

I really don't know what his "Major" was, but it's probably safe to say it wasn't Journalism. He got the job for being an ex pro, not a journalist. Eh, maybe he "Majored" in Communications.:covri:

I figured someone would come with that. Pernt taken.

I really don't know what his "Major" was, but it's probably safe to say it wasn't Journalism. He got the job for being an ex pro, not a journalist. Eh, maybe he "Majored" in Communications.:covri:

I just read something that said he majored in "public recreation" - whatever that is. Maybe Irvin majored in that too. :hihi:

That's funny stuff.

Has anyone heard Jerry Rice on Sirius NFL Radio? Not quite as bad as Wordsmith, but pretty brutal to listen to.

Has anyone heard Jerry Rice on Sirius NFL Radio? Not quite as bad as Wordsmith, but pretty brutal to listen to.

I actually like listening to Jerry. He's a bonafide legend, and yet he remains quite humble.

And wiff his humility comes awful pronunciations of some words.

I actually like listening to Jerry. He's a bonafide legend, and yet he remains quite humble.

And wiff his humility comes awful pronunciations of some words.

I agree, he is a legend and I have the utmost respect for the man as a player. I just don't think he brings anything to the football conversations I've heard him in. He seems to just state obvious stuff, "they need to turn the ball over less" and things like that. That and some of his pronunciations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom