End game (1 Viewer)

The Gamora that showed up in Endgame is not the same Gamora that died in Infinity War...
Yes, I get that. But still, 2 lives for the same stone. And 2 of my favorite characters...that hurts, lol.

Yes, I get that. But still, 2 lives for the same stone. And 2 of my favorite characters...that hurts, lol.
Well, you asked if Gamora was still gone. Yes, a soul must be given.

Well, you asked if Gamora was still gone. Yes, a soul must be given.
It was though, from Nat. But I guess since Steve returned the stone, it had to be given again, so...Steve should have kept the stone to save Prime Gamora. Yeah.

It was though, from Nat. But I guess since Steve returned the stone, it had to be given again, so...Steve should have kept the stone to save Prime Gamora. Yeah.
Those were two separate transactions. One does not undo or change the other, per the explanation about time travel in Endgame.

If he keeps the stone, it doesn't save Prime Gamora in the sacred timeline, it just creates a new branch where Steve doesn't return the stone. And who knows what happens in that branch. What has happened in the sacred timeline, has already happened so it doesn't "save" anyone.

When was that mentioned ?

After Steve disappeared in the plane crash at the end of The First Avenger, Steve's first love, Peggy Carter goes on and marries someone. This was mentioned in The Winter Soldier. Popular opinion was she married Daniel Sousa, but that's never explicitly stated anywhere. She's heavily involved in founding Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. This is covered in the Agent Carter series.

Who she married in the original timeline is a mystery. Some say Daniel, some say Jarvis, while others argue that Steve actually comes from the future to return the stones in the original timeline and because the TVA allows that to happen and didn't prune that timeline, that it was always Steve who marries her.

I don't really know for sure, but Steve marrying her actually makes sense. But, there's a problematic loop because Carter said goodbye to a young Steve before she passes away. Maybe the older Steve knew to stay away so as to not mess with the timeline that already happens, idk.
Added into all that is the fact that the events in the Agent Carter series happened after Steve would have returned to Peggy, meaning she would never have had a romantic interest in Doctor Wilkes or in Daniel Sousa. So with Steve returning to her at the time Endgame indicates, all of those events would have been different or never even happened at all, thus a new timeline.

The Nebula you see after the battle is our Nebula. The one that came from the past with Gamora was killed by our Nebula. That's why you still see her in the aftermath.

Good point. Duh on me. Still, Gamora in that scene is clear evidence she didn't die in the director's original concept.

Added into all that is the fact that the events in the Agent Carter series happened after Steve would have returned to Peggy, meaning she would never have had a romantic interest in Doctor Wilkes or in Daniel Sousa. So with Steve returning to her at the time Endgame indicates, all of those events would have been different or never even happened at all, thus a new timeline.
There appears to be debate whether the TV shows are considered canon .

If they are theres a real problem because Rogers could not have appeared in the timeline he just left as an old man in Endgame. Unless he had access to some technology which allowed him to jump between timelines. And you would have to accept the TVA didn’t care about the alternate timeline

There appears to be debate whether the TV shows are considered canon .

If they are theres a real problem because Rogers could not have appeared in the timeline he just left as an old man in Endgame. Unless he had access to some technology which allowed him to jump between timelines. And you would have to accept the TVA didn’t care about the alternate timeline
We know they could create alternate timelines through travelling back, because we saw two different timelines for Thanos. And we know you can travel from an alternative timeline back to the future of the original timeline, because the alternate Thanos did. So it seems plausible Rogers could have created an alternate timeline by his actions in the past, and still have returned to the future of the original timeline.

We can also infer the TVA may not have cared if so, partly because it was explicitly stated in Loki that what the Avengers did was supposed to happen. But also, the Sacred Timeline thing is clearly really multiple timelines anyway, as long as they don't critically diverge (since we saw that variants are allowed to exist in their timelines unless and until they take a particular wrong action, they're not reset instantly upon existence).

That doesn't mean that's what happened of course. I think the fact that old Steve Rogers doesn't pop back at the end of Endgame, and is instead just there, implies that he stayed in the original timeline. But either's possible (clashes between TV series and movies notwithstanding).

I just noticed something new in end game. Thanos used the Stones both times on the same hand. Yet there didn't seem to be much more damage. Hulk only used them once and was damaged badly. Plus, it probably took way more power to destroy the Stones than wiping out life, right.

Oh, one other thing. In the comics, hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets. Plus, there is world beater hulk

I just noticed something new in end game. Thanos used the Stones both times on the same hand. Yet there didn't seem to be much more damage. Hulk only used them once and was damaged badly. Plus, it probably took way more power to destroy the Stones than wiping out life, right.
thanos acquired the stones one at a time - each had an impact but he was able to develop a tolerance
hulk had to mainline all at once

Not to mention the fact that Thanos basically soloed every single Avenger I the final battle of Endgame, including Thor, Captain Marvel, etc. in pretty quick succession even without any of the stones. Never quite explained how he got that powerful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom