End game (2 Viewers)

What about the resurrection of Gamora? Infinity stones are not required to confirm to expectations or the typical rules. It was made very clear that to obtain the Soul Stone, a cost must be paid. That cost does not disappear just because you choose to return the stone.

A better question (IMO) is when Steve returns to Vorimir, how does he react when he sees Red Skull again?
Definitely, but, if Steve is returning the stone, I don't think Red Skull has a problem accepting the return of the stone, and essentially the stone is intact. Of course,
Nat's sacrifice still happens in the main timeline.

To extrapolate this fully ends up being a convoluted mess though.

But, if you return the stone at the same time that you took it, then that should negate Natasha's death, right
No, because to claim the Soul Stone one must give up what they love most. That can't be undone and was addressed at the end of Infinity War.

What about the resurrection of Gamora? Infinity stones are not required to confirm to expectations or the typical rules. It was made very clear that to obtain the Soul Stone, a cost must be paid. That cost does not disappear just because you choose to return the stone.

A better question (IMO) is when Steve returns to Vorimir, how does he react when he sees Red Skull again?
Gamora wasn't resurrected. She was brought from the past. Although I'm wondering, why couldn't they have done the same thing with Nat ... (I think they were out of time travel particles or something? )

Which leads to the real problem - if past Thanos (2014) travels to the future (2024?) then dies .. how is that the Avengers timeline is intact? Thanos now can't get the stones the first time, can't make everyone disappear. So none of it could have ever happened ..

I don’t think the butterfly effect would tolerate that
For all we know, thats what happened in the original timeline and Carter did what she did precisely because it was the way she could get Rogers back in the end, including never telling him (after he woke up in the future) and/or Rogers not telling her what happens in the future when he goes back ... There was a scene in Endgame, where Rogers and Carter are in opposite rooms, and Rogers looks at Carter through the window, and you can see Carter look back.. Like she knew.... This is at least, consistent - kinda of like what happened with Terminator (first one only - subsequent movies screwed this up)

Gamora wasn't resurrected. She was brought from the past. Although I'm wondering, why couldn't they have done the same thing with Nat ... (I think they were out of time travel particles or something? )

Which leads to the real problem - if past Thanos (2014) travels to the future (2024?) then dies .. how is that the Avengers timeline is intact? Thanos now can't get the stones the first time, can't make everyone disappear. So none of it could have ever happened ..

Have you ever seen Weekend at Bernie's?

Gamora was snapped away by Ironman along with Thanos and his army, so that cleaned that aspect up. However, with Cap going into the past and staying there, another question arises. Wouldn't Cap know all along about Hydra infiltrating Shield? Did he tell anyone? If he had, that would open up another can of worms.

I guess there were just numerous timelines opened up. With Kang in charge of the TVA, he just let his hunters see what he wanted them to see. "The Avengers were supposed to do that."

With the multiverse opened up like it is, there are infinite possibilities. Nat coming back, Gamora coming back, etc.

Gamora was snapped away by Ironman along with Thanos and his army, so that cleaned that aspect up. However, with Cap going into the past and staying there, another question arises. Wouldn't Cap know all along about Hydra infiltrating Shield? Did he tell anyone? If he had, that would open up another can of worms.

I guess there were just numerous timelines opened up. With Kang in charge of the TVA, he just let his hunters see what he wanted them to see. "The Avengers were supposed to do that."

With the multiverse opened up like it is, there are infinite possibilities. Nat coming back, Gamora coming back, etc.
I think Prime Cap would have not said anything so as to not screw with the timeline more than just his time with Agent Carter. I'd say Carter goes on and does everything she did in the original timeline.

But the problem of Thanos and his crew coming from the past and gers snapped by Stark is a sticky one. I'm not sure how you resolve that without getting into a convoluted mess.

Original past Thanos didn't travel to the future, because if original past Thanos had traveled to the future, then that future wouldn't have happened, so future Nebula couldn't have traveled back to the time of original past Thanos, so original past Thanos would have had no reason to travel to the future and so couldn't have done. Hence original past Thanos did exactly what we saw him do, and the subsequent traveling back from the future created a different timeline with a different Thanos and it's from that different timeline that Thanos travels to the future of the original timeline.

Hope that clears that up.

Original past Thanos didn't travel to the future, because if original past Thanos had traveled to the future, then that future wouldn't have happened, so future Nebula couldn't have traveled back to the time of original past Thanos, so original past Thanos would have had no reason to travel to the future and so couldn't have done. Hence original past Thanos did exactly what we saw him do, and the subsequent traveling back from the future created a different timeline with a different Thanos and it's from that different timeline that Thanos travels to the future of the original timeline.

Hope that clears that up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom