Ending the scourge of gender-reveal parties (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
At least two large wildfires have now been started by gender-reveal parties. People have died over gender-reveal explosions gone-wrong. How did we get here? What does this say about us as people? Are we that needy that this oddly celebrated “life event” needs to involve shooting things into the air, or blowing stuff up?

Even if you accept the idea that it’s fun and memorable to share this moment that has historically not been a thing people did with a party, how did we go from ‘seeing what color the cake is’ to ‘aerial incendiaries’? Are people that forking needy?

I think this needs a PSA campaign, sort of like ‘give a hoot, don’t pollute’ - any ideas?

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know this thread has kind of changed but unfortunately a fireman has now died fighting the gender reveal fire in CA.

The state of California has brought involuntary manslaughter charges for loss of life in past fires that were the result of criminal negligence.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dear everyone:
This is an appropriate gender reveal. No pyrotechnics. No high-risk activities. No shooting of children or groins with projectiles or gun powder. Just a nice, appropriately dramatic reveal - if even has some creative flair.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dear everyone:
This is an appropriate gender reveal. No pyrotechnics. No high-risk activities. No shooting of children or groins with projectiles or gun powder. Just a nice, appropriately dramatic reveal - if even has some creative flair.

can we keep some of the groin shots, just for old times sake?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tip your drinks, done lost another one.

If you're gonna do an explosive gender reveal, why not go all the way and let a professional do it? :shrug:

But then, we have four kids and never did a gender reveal. I don't get it. But if it floats your boat and all that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom