Ending the scourge of gender-reveal parties (2 Viewers)

I’ll put up with the gender reveal parties if women stop showing off the sonograms of their fetuses.

I still haven’t figured out what to say when one of those is shoved in my face: “Ohhh yeaaah, well look at that, amazing what technology can do these days, congratulations, yep I see that, wonderful”

I’ll put up with the gender reveal parties if women stop showing off the sonograms of their fetuses.

I still haven’t figured out what to say when one of those is shoved in my face: “Ohhh yeaaah, well look at that, amazing what technology can do these days, congratulations, yep I see that, wonderful”

I've never had that happen to me. Perhaps it's just my grumpy nature finally paying off.

Have you seen the ones that try to give you a picture of what the baby actually looks like, not just the fuzzy radar looking stuff?
Its kind of a horror show.

Last edited:
Have you seen the ones that try to give you a picture of what the baby actually looks like, nut just the fuzzy radar looking stuff?

Yes, and that’s exactly what it is a horror show. A horror show where 1) you are supposed to act like you want to see it and 2) act like you think it’s the best thing youve ever seen. Otherwise, you come off like an ahole and the women sour on you and never forget it.

I have to jump through this flaming hoop every so often when I’d love to be honest:

Do you want to see the sonogram?
“Nope, I’m good.”
Well here it is anyway, whaddya think?
“Ewww, gross. Is that what it’s supposed to look like?!”

Have you seen the ones that try to give you a picture of what the baby actually looks like, nut just the fuzzy radar looking stuff?

The 3D ones. They are horrifying. They were available with our last 2 and my wife made me get them. Insurance doesn't cover it (or at least it didn't back then) so I had to come out of my pocket $250 so I could be creeped out. They gave you a whole little package with it with a folder and frame that tried to make it OK, but it really wasn't OK.

The 3D ones. They are horrifying. They were available with our last 2 and my wife made me get them. Insurance doesn't cover it (or at least it didn't back then) so I had to come out of my pocket $250 so I could be creeped out. They gave you a whole little package with it with a folder and frame that tried to make it OK, but it really wasn't OK.

that should come with a "looks like this" guarantee.

I have yet to understand what's so special about having a kid, let alone finding out the gender. It's literally been done a 100 billion times before.

But then again, I'm the same way with birthdays. Like, what the hell are you celebrating? Another year of paying taxes, going to the dentist and getting oil changes... Congratulations?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom