Enlisting in the Marines, help needed? (1 Viewer)

Saints1990

Very Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, the past few weeks I've been pondering the idea of joining the US Marine Corps. The more I think about it, the more it's starting to seem like something I'd be interested in. I'm young & it may be a good direction to go into with my life.

I have a problem though. I was born with something called "Poland's Syndrome" which basically is the absence of a pectoral muscle (breast muscle). My left Pectoral muscle never developed. It's actually very rare, and thought to occur every 100,000 births or so. It does not disable me in any way, shape, or form. It's purely cosmetic. You would think it would severely disable me, but it really doesn't. I lift weights & all, and I don't even notice a lack in bench press. I'm wondering what I should expect to come of this when enlisting?

Would it disqualify me? I honestly hope not.

It's kind of hard to get into any branch right now, especially the Chair Force and Navy. If it doesn't physically stop you from doing what will be required of you (rappelling, TONS of push ups, pugil sticks, firing your weapon, climbing, obstacle courses) then it SHOULDN'T be an issue. Honestly, if one recruiter says no it doesn't necessarily DQ you, you just have to find another recruiter willing to put you through MEPS.

It's something you'll absolutely have to tell the recruiter (they're going to find out anyway), but as I said if it doesn't stop any PT it shouldn't be an issue. You'll most likely have to be cleared by a doctor (either at MEPS, or privately) before they even process you for shipping.

If the Marines don't take you, the Army sure will. :9:

Source: Experience

It probably depends on the doctor who reviews your case. I know a guy who was denied by one airforce doc for dry skin that he didn't even know he had. The army doc laughed at that and cleared him with no problem so don't let one no deter you. Try another branch.

If the recruiter says you can't, don't listen. Push the issue all the way to the Commander of the recruiting district if you really want to be a Marine.

The Marine Corps is the way to go. :9:

The Army will take anyone with a heartbeat. :hihi:

If the recruiter says you can't, don't listen. Push the issue all the way to the Commander of the recruiting district if you really want to be a Marine.

The Marine Corps is the way to go. :9:

The Army will take anyone with a heartbeat. :hihi:

When I signed the papers for the Army they were baffled that I could actually spell my name correctly. Gave me 31B and OCS.

Really tripped them up when they found out I had a pulse too. :hihi:

Go bald now

If you're an adequate swimmer, go for first class swim quals immediately (LIFEGUARD STATUS)

Ask to go to Parris Island for basic, there are wimminz there

While at Parris Island, expect to get torn the **** up by swamp bugs and such

Don't fail the Crucible or all your hard work will be for nothing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom