Enough politics, time for puppy pics ( a few kitties too). (1 Viewer)

here are my two boxers. as you know i love to post these two pictures of them!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

T

BD , talk after the game?

I am in love with Leela!

The boxers are much more beautiful than the one i met at the LSU game last week.

Thanks StBeau, The twin cats are a trip. We went in for a kitten after my old lady cat had to be put down. I was sitting on a couch while the wife looked at kittens and these two jumped in my lap and went to sleep. Couldnt split them up so we took them both( to the cheers and congrats from the rescue workers). I think the cats marked me as a sucker from the moment i walked in.

s1179986102_980444_2055.jpg

Roo, my Shiba Inu, during the snow fall last year
s1179986102_980454_7065.jpg

One of his roomates Rocky at the same time
s1179986102_761937_7458.jpg

Roo pulling for the Saints. WHO DAT?!?!?!
s1179986102_854335_236.jpg

Puppy Roo
n1179986102_951343_3318.jpg

Roo and his roomates napping

They're Toy Fox Terriers--a really awesome little breed. This is "Beau," the little guy who started it all for me:

GameDay.jpg

BeauNecklace1.jpg

MardiGrasBeau.jpg

TFTs are slightly larger and sturdier than many Chihuahuas (which are terrific little dogs, too) and have many terrier characteristics. I honestly can't say enough about the breed, which lured me away from the Labs, Dobes, and GSDs that I had owned all of my life.

I gotta find a new groomer.

cyberdog.JPG

I really shouldn't laugh, because it really isn't funny, but your comment reminds me of a time that I was handling a co-owned Miniature Pinscher in a dog show for the first time. MinPins are shown with whiskers trimmed (which I disapprove of, so I don't do it with my TFTs), so a friend of mine offered to help me with trimming KeeKee's whiskers and eyebrows.

Trimming her whiskers when just fine, since she had had it done before; however, when Christina touched the clippers to her head for the second eyebrow, someone squeaked a toy to one side of us--and KeeKee suddenly turned her head. The clippers dragged across her forehead, leaving a long, narrow, diagonal strip of nakedness across from eyebrow to ear well--10 minutes before we went into the ring. Of course, KeeKee had no clue that anything was wrong, but Christina and I just looked at each other and shrugged. KeeKee wasn't hurt and there was no way of gluing the hair back on--but we did get strange looks from the judge and you can bet she was out of the ring for a while. :p

I suppose that I should be grateful she didn't end up looking like the dog in your picture . . .

Beau, I have always wondered why show standards require you to do things to a dog that aren't natural. Why are docked tails, clipped ears, shaved eyebrows/whiskers the standard when the dog isn't born that way? I understand the practical application of traditional cuts on certain breeds, but again, these are show dogs. They don't really do those traditional jobs. So why?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom