ENTERGY ! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My bill was $251 last month, which is apparently a deal compared to everyone else.
$108 was fuel adjustment and $25 for Storm Restoration. The rest was "Entergy charges".

My bill was $251 last month, which is apparently a deal compared to everyone else.
$108 was fuel adjustment and $25 for Storm Restoration. The rest was "Entergy charges".

There is no WAY you are Entergy New Orleans.

( Entergy has - Entergy New Orleans...and then just Entergy for rest of its customers )

There is no WAY you are Entergy New Orleans.

( Entergy has - Entergy New Orleans...and then just Entergy for rest of its customers )

Just regular Entergy. We keep our home on a modest 75 and full LED. I did upgrade from a 14 to 16 seer unit since Ida.

And the logo change looks horrible. Looks like Evangel High School. Guess we are paying for that too.

Just regular Entergy. We keep our home on a modest 75 and full LED. I did upgrade from a 14 to 16 seer unit since Ida.

Entergy New Orleans has a whole different set of rates.

Waaay higher.

My electricity bill (SWEPCO not Entergy) was ridiculous. It looked like a car payment. $400+ 2 consecutive months.

Dis tew much!

It’s getting worse while executives are giving themselves raises.

“I just had one of the residents call me and told me, ‘Miss Katherine, you know, I just got a $700 bill. How am I gonna pay that?’ Well, you just think about what Entergy just said. They’re gonna defer the payments,” said Katherine Prevost with the Upper Ninth Ward’s Bunny Friend Neighborhood Association. “How are you going to pay the $700, plus your next bill, plus your next bill till November?”

Oh Entergy, how I don’t miss you (however I am paying .08 a Kw here in Houston with bills ranging from $323, $303, and $330 the past 3 months).

How is it that Louisiana can’t give Entergy competition by allowing other firms to enter the market?

Oh Entergy, how I don’t miss you (however I am paying .08 a Kw here in Houston with bills ranging from $323, $303, and $330 the past 3 months).

How is it that Louisiana can’t give Entergy competition by allowing other firms to enter the market?
Ask the Louisiana Public Sercive Commission and New Orleans City Council ( that governs Entergy NO )

I have an idea why...LOL

There are 2 "Entergys"...Energy LA and Entergy New Orleans. Entergy NO, if i remember right, came in and bailed out NOPSI or LPL ( La power and light ) so i guess for that, they got special consideration.

However, that was prolly like 40 years ago...statue of limitations has run out on their "goodwill".

In 2021 there was talk of Entergy LA merging with Entergy NO. Not sure whatever came of that.

And once i moved from MAdisonville in 2019 ( i was with Entergy as they had a swath of extreme SW St tammany - about 2000 customers ) i stopped caring about them lol ( since they only had about 2k customers in SW ST Tammany, anytime there was a power issue, they were really "slow" in responding across the lake )

In 11 years, we have never had a bill higher than $250-260. Usually averaging $150.

Last month it was $360😠

Ask the Louisiana Public Sercive Commission
you are kinda right, but it isn't the lpsc to be asked, it's the elected commissioners "representing" the lpsc.

people need to start attending the (almost) monthly lpsc business and executive sessions. galvez building, 602 n 5th st, baton rouge, la 70821 (technically 70802, but whatever). if you are lucky, i'll join y'all for lunch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom