Entering a new age of sports injury recovery: Akers, Watt, Henry and now Winston (1 Viewer)

Players have to want to come back and play. Think it was more mental than physical with MT. Will be interesting how things play out.
From what I understand, the issue with CGM is he didn't get surgery when he needed it, and that was for a long time. I think he tried to rehab without the surgery, and that didn't work, then he got the surgery at such a late stage that it put this last season at risk.

There's questions about timing and why CGM didn't get this all done sooner. At this point, I don't really care who's fault it was. It's time to sheet or get off the pot. If he's not on the field and not ready to play by week 1, just sit him another year. The team needs to move on either way. Either with him or without him. I wouldn't trade him unless some team makes a stupid offer.

I'm old enough to remember hearing about players who could've been great but they "tore up his knee". Coming back from an ACL used to be a big deal. Now it's routine. And a torn Achilles was a career ender.

What round was he drafted in? He's a top 5 receiver now.
He’s white and ran a 4.6 at the combine, otherwise he’d be looked at as the best receiver in football.

I’ve never seen a receiver get as consistently open as he does no matter what defense is being played.

Anybody remember Reuben Mayes? Back in, I guess 1988, he and I both ruptured an Achilles tendon. He did in a Sunday game and I did it Monday playing basketball.

He was back playing at the beginning of the next season and wouldn't I walk for another month and a half and even then I had to use crutches.

And that was over 30 yrs ago.

He’s white and ran a 4.6 at the combine, otherwise he’d be looked at as the best receiver in football.

I’ve never seen a receiver get as consistently open as he does no matter what defense is being played.
Regardless of color, he's one of the best receivers; period. 1st team all-pro means you're one of the best.

Matters on the damage too, at least for the knee. If it’s “just” the ACL, you can still walk on it torn (I’ve been doing it for years) and you’re partial weight bearing right out of surgery. If there’s any other damage is where that gets delayed, meniscus and cartilage repair put you non weight bearing for weeks.

But yea the Achilles stuff is just…wow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom