Epic Collapse (1 Viewer)

That was a dissipointing loss for sure, but yesterday at this time no one gave the Hornets a chance to win that game. And what they and Monty Williams did was beat the dog snot out of a much improving Lakers team with their season virtually on the line, for 3 quarters then watch as Kobe Bryant got hot and does what he does best for the final quarter.

This team is 3/4 of a season out from a total rebuild and Monty needs to be fired? Horse puckey. Monty took over this team with a disgruntled Chris Paul wanting out, David West saying if Paul isn't here I'm leaving and nothing else to work with. AD is a going to be a great player but he's still a rookie and can't save this club by himself.

Unlike in video games, building a winning team takes more than a few games or even seasons.

Alot of fans who don't follow the Hornets closely will be angry and disappointed when Monty's slow, careful and calculated approach to building this team causes some ugly-looking losses.

That anger and disappointment is what scares the majority of teams in the NBA into being perpetually mediocre. Most teams refuse to do things the slow, painful, and ultimately correct way in favor of making the short-term moves needed to please fans. I'm glad we're not like that any more, and I'm glad Monty held Rivers and Davis out of the game with their injuries even though they probably could have won the Hornets the game.

I want Davis to know we're not doing what most NBA teams do and riding our star rookie into the ground in order to increase short-term fan popularity. I don't want to have him leave in free agency only for us to grind up and spit out the next lottery pick in the too-common and never-ending cycle.

I agree with you. What people need to remember is that Demps said that in light of the new ownership, they will build the team the right way, slowly and not for short term gain like when Shinn was the owner. Now, whether Monty is the right man for the job is another question. I'll wait to make my decision until the end of next season when he should have better players on the roster. Maybe all they need is for the top assistant coach to be an offensive genius.

Last edited:
What's ridiculous is that for basically 10 minutes our 20+ million dollar closer couldn't get to the foul line

We scored NINE points in the 4th. Our developing 10th overall pick probably would've won that game for us.

Did anyone see the final minutes? Name another coach that coach's like that? Even the Lakers could not believe that! Go rewatch the final 5 minutes and tell me who coaches like that.

HornetsDefense_zpsc9b4a618.jpg

Also see Indiana game, Orlando game, Dallas game. All double digit leads blown in 4th.

Watch the carnage, Coaching you think? Start at 2:55. 4:20 way to tell them the situation Monty!

<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/5ps3olbEQqg?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560"></object>

Did anyone see the final minutes? Name another coach that coach's like that? Even the Lakers could not believe that! Go rewatch the final 5 minutes and tell me who coaches like that.

HornetsDefense_zpsc9b4a618.jpg

Also see Indiana game, Orlando game, Dallas game. All double digit leads blown in 4th.

Watch the carnage, Coaching you think? Start at 2:55. 4:20 way to tell them the situation Monty!

<OBJECT width=560 height=315>
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/5ps3olbEQqg?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560"></OBJECT>

What about the inbound pass that Kobe got where the defesne went the other way?? Who cares where the offense lines up on a play like that if they are on your side the court!!! I almost throw my remote at my TV when that happened. :rant::jpshakehead::covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom