Epic Collapse (1 Viewer)

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Blew a 17 point lead and a 25 point lead in consecutive games. So so sad.

If you didn't already know this, Monty is AWFUL!!! Demps also makes him better than what he is.

It happened quick too. I left the room with the Hornets up 20. Brushed my daughter's hair before bed, and when I came back, the Kobes were only down by 2.

Ridiculous.

Admittedly, I don't watch them very much, but Lopez is not very good, amirite?

Why no Anthony Davis? Why does Gordon pass up on shots so much? Are we purposely losing at this point?

Nothing new. Happened against Indiana, Orlando,Dallas, all this year. I'm losing patience on Monty now.
Oh Vasquez is Hot Garbage.

Horrible defense & offense by Vasquez down the stretch.
I knew they would blow the lead, but 0 points and 4 turnover by the team in the last 6 minutes is not worthy of an NBA team.

Anybody know why Davis was on the bench final minutes? Injured or was Monty this dumb?

Lol I knew this would happen, my brother said no way the Hornets blow this. Now he owes me lunch at youngs chinese garden for losing our bet.

Alot of fans who don't follow the Hornets closely will be angry and disappointed when Monty's slow, careful and calculated approach to building this team causes some ugly-looking losses.

That anger and disappointment is what scares the majority of teams in the NBA into being perpetually mediocre. Most teams refuse to do things the slow, painful, and ultimately correct way in favor of making the short-term moves needed to please fans. I'm glad we're not like that any more, and I'm glad Monty held Rivers and Davis out of the game with their injuries even though they probably could have won the Hornets the game.

I want Davis to know we're not doing what most NBA teams do and riding our star rookie into the ground in order to increase short-term fan popularity. I don't want to have him leave in free agency only for us to grind up and spit out the next lottery pick in the too-common and never-ending cycle.

I can't believe what i just saw...How in the haydees you blow a lead like that...WOW!!! Monty Williams job might be on the line after that kind of debacle....WOW...just....WOW!!! This Hornets team need some veteran leadership. Paul Pierce is a FA next year isnt he. Need VET leadership and a coach!

(Phil Jackson)

Very questionable call of Gordon stepping out of bounds with 40 seconds left and a tie game. However, it should have never come down to that.

I can't believe what i just saw...How in the haydees you blow a lead like that...WOW!!! Monty Williams job might be on the line after that kind of debacle....WOW...just....WOW!!! This Hornets team need some veteran leadership. Paul Pierce is a FA next year isnt he. Need VET leadership and a coach!

(Phil Jackson)

Phil Jackson hates the city of New Orleans and would never come here. I like how the roster is being built, it's just going to take some time.
<!-- / message -->

Alot of fans who don't follow the Hornets closely will be angry and disappointed when Monty's slow, careful and calculated approach to building this team causes some ugly-looking losses.

That anger and disappointment is what scares the majority of teams in the NBA into being perpetually mediocre. Most teams refuse to do things the slow, painful, and ultimately correct way in favor of making the short-term moves needed to please fans. I'm glad we're not like that any more, and I'm glad Monty held Rivers and Davis out of the game with their injuries even though they probably could have won the Hornets the game.

I want Davis to know we're not doing what most NBA teams do and riding our star rookie into the ground in order to increase short-term fan popularity. I don't want to have him leave in free agency only for us to grind up and spit out the next lottery pick in the too-common and never-ending cycle.

:smilielol:

Many coaches lose their jobs too over that calculated approach,

Signed,

Avery Johnson, Alvin Gentry, Mike Brown

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom