EPIC hilarity on first take (1 Viewer)

For amusement purposes only.

On that basis, I actually enjoy watching Screamin' A. He's reasonably well-informed for a show of this type. He was actually a decent columnist, with occasional big whiffs and about 25% spot-on-the-money takes.

Calm down people, it’s obvious he loves the Saints this year. Think about what big game is coming up, and think about what ESPN made him do in order to promote that game even more.

Plus he’ll always be alright with me since he loves Drew and hates the Cowboys.

He doesn't love or hate any NFL teams, he is simply playing his role, whatever it is that day. Good cop bad cop, more likely as someone alluded to earlier, to hype the next Monday night game....

Stephen A Smith mentions how we let the Rams come back and tie the game but fails to mention that our defense didn't allow a single 1st down on the two possessions after the Rams got the football back ....

MAX KELLERMAN stands up for the saints... which should tell you something

It tells me these shows are built to get people’s eyeballs on them, not disseminate insight on sports.

EDIT: and doesn’t ESPN have the Chiefs at Rams game? Of course he’s going to make those two his top teams, corporate synergy, baby! Don’t forget what the E in ESPN stands for.

Last edited:
I don’t even know why anyone would pay attention to Stephen A’s top 5 NFL teams. He’s a basketball guy. He’s not a football guy.
Even him being a “basketball guy” is debatable. He is more like a “likes to hear himself talk” “your better off getting your opinion from the horn of a train” type guy.

I like Steven A, but what does he do the most. Cause some kind of controversy to get people talking about him. He knows most people will freak out, like how he had the Panthers in the top 5 over the Patriots a few weeks back. Looks like he was right tho there, just maybe had the wrong team ahead of the Pats lol.

He did this cause they play each other this week. So whoever wins he will put #1 and will likely have us at #2 if we beat the Eagles. He likes the Chiefs and I don’t blame him. They have a great offense kind of similar to ours, but maybe better as a collective with Mahommes, Hunt, Hill, Watkins, and Kelce. I think we are a tad better since we have a playoff experienced HoF QB, so I would give us the edge with the best offense now. If they win the Super Bowl, then I’ll say they had a better offense lol.

He just hyping up the game Monday night that just happens to be on the same network that pays him, so it’s a smart move on his behalf. But anyone watching not in LA, thinks he done lost his mind.

It's promoting the Chiefs game. They doing the same thing for a Rams/Saints NFC Championship.

Totally being the opposite. For 5 minutes they talk about how great the Saints were and should have been #1. If he would have put them #1, what would they have said, the Bears should be in the top 5? I will say my head hurt after he finished his countdown at 2:00.

Even him being a “basketball guy” is debatable. He is more like a “likes to hear himself talk” “your better off getting your opinion from the horn of a train” type guy.
That aspect I just chalk up to being his character for the show.

It really is all about the ratings guys. My buddy was just in the audience a week ago on first take and there was an opportunity to ask questions. Audience members were handed SCRIPTED cards of the questions they can ask....the one my buddy got was about players protesting the national anthem. He gave it back and said no thanks, its 2018 and that's old news.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom