Equal Rights (1 Viewer)

Shouldn't any two adults be allowed to form a civil union? Why should the benefits be restricted to a husband and wife? Why not two brothers or just two close friends who decide to join their assets and efforts in order to further their prospects?

Shouldn't any two adults be allowed to form a civil union? Why should the benefits be restricted to a husband and wife? Why not two brothers or just two close friends who decide to join their assets and efforts in order to further their prospects?

Of course. We've already talked about that in another one of these threads. That is different from a marriage, however, and would be an appropriate term for what it is. It's ridiculous that grown people sometimes have to adopt each other in order to make proper financial succession arrangements when a "normal" family either is unpresent or unwanted.

Apparently B-Train doesn't want to deal with this "truth bomb."
What more can I say? Do you assume that the government's monopoly on justice is a superior alternative? It is hard for people to visualize freedom if they've never had it.

What more can I say? Do you assume that the government's monopoly on justice is a superior alternative? It is hard for people to visualize freedom if they've never had it.

What you can say is the answer to my question. If the government got totally out of dealing with contracts how would contracts be enforced?

And I assume nothing. I just asked you a question that you seem unwilling to answer. And, I think I visualize more than you think. Like, for instance, I can visualize the source of where you are getting this idea for a Utopian society with no government at all. Oh, and, who is John Galt?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom