Eric Asher: Members of the local media were involved in Archdiocese scandal (1 Viewer)

I’m confused ? Does the media want the emails I. The public to see what they entail? Are they scared they will be exposed?
Asher stated that media members were involved in which accused priest names were left off the list.

Asher tries hard with his anonymous info to try and stay relevant.

It’s hard to believe that very many media personalities love of the Catholic Church would trump their desire to be the first one with the scoop.

whatever their initial thought is, the one that wins out probably goes something like “no, somebody is going to break this news so it may as well be me”

Curruption in Louisiana, who wold thought such a thing could happen?
Or it could have been a function of a lack of credible sources/evidence. Media outlets aren't totally immune from libel suits.

I don't know what this guy said on the radio (never heard of him before) but if it turns out that some media outlets made internal decisions not to print some names but print others, that is far from being automatically corrupt.

Here's a link, but the only name named is John Georges:

The plaintiffs’ attorneys — John Denenea, Richard Trahant and Soren Gisleson — purport that the emails in question show the Saints communicated with other unspecified influential New Orleanians about the church's managing “the fallout” from the sex abuse crisis.

Citing an anonymous source, WVUE-TV reported Wednesday that businessman John Georges, who owns The Times-Picayune | New Orleans Advocate with his wife, Dathel, “may have participated in behind the scenes communications involving” the archdiocese's November 2018 release of a list of clergymen who had been credibly accused of abuse.

In a brief interview with WVUE-TV, Georges said the station’s source was “wrong.”

It appears to me like material from the emails has been leaked to the media. It's being slow-rolled out in advance of next week's hearing.

Here's a link, but the only name named is John Georges:

It appears to me like material from the emails has been leaked to the media. It's being slow-rolled out in advance of next week's hearing.
Ummm...maybe they contacted Georges because the list was being published in his newspaper? Wouldn't that be a legitimate reason to reach out to them?

I’m confused what involvement does saints have in it ? Major or minor ?
We'll know eventually. Looks like the plaintiff's attorneys are going scorched earth to force a settlement.

If the plaintiff's attorneys are going to implicate so many people ... I want to see the goods. I don't want them to tell me they have the goods -- I want to see them.

Unfortunately, I expect it will be a lot of 50-50 gray area stuff -- stuff that looks explainable and not-that-bad if you back the Saints and any other local bigwigs, and at the same time looks 100% damning otherwise.

Ummm...maybe they contacted Georges because the list was being published in his newspaper? Wouldn't that be a legitimate reason to reach out to them?
Georges is now one of "the accused", like Greg Bensel. I don't think I understand your question.

Georges is now one of "the accused", like Greg Bensel. I don't think I understand your question.
He's accused with speculation. It says he "may have" which means they don't know why he was actually contacted. I'm suggesting plausible reasons as to why the ANO would be reaching out to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom