Eric Berry (1 Viewer)

If you watch it Tebone gets stopped dead in his tracks. Berry got knocked back by his own players.

Uh, okay. Tebow does stop, briefly, but Berry goes flying backwards and his players aren't even there yet. Nice try though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg7dXLA3ouw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg7dXLA3ouw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What are you talking about? Safeties go in the first round all the time
Actually LaRon Landry, Michael Huff (played CB too), and Sean Taylor are the only ones I can think of within the last 5 years, and in the past it was even rarer than it is now.

I don't think any safeties were drafted in the first round this past draft, but one was in '08 and four in '07, including #6 overall. It's not that uncommon any longer.

2008 - Kenny Phillips
2007 - LaRon Landry
2007 - Michael Griffin
2007 - Reggie Nelson
2007 - Brandon Meriweather
Griffin was primarily a CB at Texas, and like Jenkins was drafted with the option of S, but I'm sure CB was part of the justification for 1st round. You're right that it's becoming more common, as is Center, but historically it's very rare.

Read more thread. :hihi:
Read more position played in college versus where someone gets moved to :)
Plus more than one of the others are clearly forgettable... I said the ones I could think of that actually succeeded. Nelson I should have remembered though.

Plus, no doubt unless there's an injury Berry and Mays will both go in the 1st next year, maybe even both in the top 15, regardless of history.

Read more position played in college versus where someone gets moved to :)
Plus more than one of the others are clearly forgettable... I said the ones I could think of that actually succeeded.

Plus, no doubt unless there's an injury Berry and Mays will both go in the 1st next year, maybe even both in the top 15, regardless of history.

heh - I deleted my response because I figured you missed my original. :ezbill:

Anyway, I went back to the draft pages to find the safeties so that's how they were listed when they were drafted. Regardless of whether or not they succeeded, they were drafted in the first round as safeties so it counts.

I agree that Mays and Berry are potential top 15 picks. The potential curve ball for them is if teams draft for need or BPA.

Eric Berry got trucked by Tebow. He's still awesome, just was really awesome to see Tebow truck him.

Uh, okay. Tebow does stop, briefly, but Berry goes flying backwards and his players aren't even there yet. Nice try though.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/yg7dXLA3ouw&hl=en&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
You need to watch it again Berry wins:scratch:

I would stop drinking beer if it meant the Saints could draft Eric Berry or Patrick Peterson.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/yg7dXLA3ouw&hl=en&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
Tebone says [you will never see a player fumble the ball like i am gonna fumble the ball today. To add insult to injury he throws a interception to Berry because he knew Berry got the best of him.:worthy:

um, from an unbiased person, don't care hill of beans about college..
looked like tebow got the better hit, but that is where he stops, granted, it's unknown wheter tebo could have recovered if the other T players wouldn't have been there. I'd say, both go down. Neither is awarded testosterone award.

um, from an unbiased person, don't care hill of beans about college..
looked like tebow got the better hit, but that is where he stops, granted, it's unknown wheter tebo could have recovered if the other T players wouldn't have been there. I'd say, both go down. Neither is awarded testosterone award.
Yeah you are right I just hate all the hype about Tbone. He might be a great college player but, I dont think he will be as good in the pros.:jauhnny:

I agree that Mays and Berry are potential top 15 picks. The potential curve ball for them is if teams draft for need or BPA.
You're right, I missed your original and was working off memory, because my favorite (drafthistory.com) lumps all DBs together. I still think the average has to be less than 2/year even with the recent up-tick. Barring injury though, it'll be pretty surprising to see either of these not go in the first 32.

be careful overrating college players and how they project to the NFL....sometimes it doesnt pan out

vy.jpg

michael-crabtree-49ers-practice-holdout.jpg

joey-harrington-billboard.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom