Eric Bieniemy should be the choice (1 Viewer)

I’d be shocked if they interview Bienemy. Shocked.

The more black coaches we interview the more it looks to be Dennis Allen. As sad as that sounds we have asked to interview 3 coaches and all 3 are black so we are just fulfilling the NFL policy it seems.

The more black coaches we interview the more it looks to be Dennis Allen. As sad as that sounds we have asked to interview 3 coaches and all 3 are black so we are just fulfilling the NFL policy it seems.
Doug Pederson?

Have we asked him or just people saying his name?
I thought I read somewhere that they were interviewing him, but I could be wrong and it was just speculation. You’re correct, I dunno.

NOBODY is interviewing EB. That's just crazy.
As already stated, he's been interviewed by half the teams in the league prior to this season. The owners and GMs do talk to each other and it's quite possible he's got issues we're unaware of that is no helping his case this year. I'd rather Flores or Leftwich at this point. More towards Leftwich because of Flores' issues with the Dolphins' front office, and supposedly with his coaching staff.

Can you link me to info on that? I honestly had no idea that this was a thing.
Football: Bieniemy to likely face questioning - Daily Bruinhttps://dailybruin.com › 2004/04/05 › football-bieniem...

Published reports are that Bienemy was deposed in connection with allegations of covering up sexual assaults. I'm guessing that NFL teams have copies of those depositions.

It was two decades ago, but as prominent observers have stated “the norms have really changed in terms of, what you can do to somebody against their will."

Doesn't seem like the kind of risk that Loomis and Benson would want to play around with, especially after the media firestorm that the Saints organization had helped with PR for archdiocesan sexual abuse. Not that Bienemy would do this again, but that the victims would come out and wind up on 60 Minutes or something, and "Saints" and "sex abuse" would again be national headlines.

Thats just not true. Once you complete an interview with an AA, the rule no longer applies. They may possibly going through the motions interviewing, but it has nothing to do with the Rooney rule.

LOL. So he can't get a job for stuff that happened 20 years ago? Has anything happened recently? Why would one of the top coaches in the league hire a monster like that? Sounds like a bias to me that keeps happening to people of a particular hue.
Why would an owner hire him over other coaches with similar resumes but clean police records?

No... Andy is the mind behind making greatness there on offense.

It would be like Andy retiring and the Chiefs making Pete their HC

No... Andy is the mind behind making greatness there on offense.

It would be like Andy retiring and the Chiefs making Pete their HC
Well, apparently, according to Andy, EB has been calling the plays. So...:shrug:.

That said, I guess the question is whether we take his word for it or not.

Football: Bieniemy to likely face questioning - Daily Bruinhttps://dailybruin.com › 2004/04/05 › football-bieniem...

Published reports are that Bienemy was deposed in connection with allegations of covering up sexual assaults. I'm guessing that NFL teams have copies of those depositions.

It was two decades ago, but as prominent observers have stated “the norms have really changed in terms of, what you can do to somebody against their will."

Doesn't seem like the kind of risk that Loomis and Benson would want to play around with, especially after the media firestorm that the Saints organization had helped with PR for archdiocesan sexual abuse. Not that Bienemy would do this again, but that the victims would come out and wind up on 60 Minutes or something, and "Saints" and "sex abuse" would again be national headlines.
Yep. And this excerpt from the article...

“Bieniemy assaulted a campus parking attendant, which resulted in a
one-year ban from the Boulder campus.”

Just to be clear what we’re talking about here- he grabbed a lady by the neck and threatened her with gang rape because she told him and his friends to stop urinating in the parking lot.

Thats just not true. Once you complete an interview with an AA, the rule no longer applies. They may possibly going through the motions interviewing, but it has nothing to do with the Rooney rule.

You need to interview two minority candidates. We haven't interviewed any yet. If Leftwich gets the Jaguars job before next week the two will be Aaron Glenn and Brian Flores. It really has the appearance that we're just fulfilling the Rooney rule before promoting Dennis Allen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom