Eric Fisher (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's worth trading up to #10 (Titans) to get him? We could most likely give a 3rd rounder in 2014 (plus our #15 pick, obviously) to move up and grab him. If he gets to SD, they will 125% grab him. I think it would be an excellent move for two reasons. Bushrod is gone, which will leave us NO depth at OT, especially LT. Secondly, it opens up some of our cap space if we don't resign Bushrod (A LOT of it) and we can grab someone in free agency with that money to fill the defensive position(s) that we're not able to adequately address in FA. I'm sorry but without an excellent fit at LT, I just cannot see our team making the playoffs. I know defense is priority, but honestly I don't think our talent on defense is lacking (we have a TON of first rounders on defense), I honestly think it's the coaching. I'll be honest, I think once we stick Galette and Wilson on the sides, we will get the pass rush we need. If not we can grab Brandon Jenkins (OLB-FSU) with our 3rd rounder.

Titans FO has made it be known that they want Warmack, who will almost certainly be left on the board at #15 (for them if we trade).

I'd hate for us to trade away picks even though I do think that Fisher is a stud. I just think that D is number 1 priority right now.

If it were for a future 3rd, I'd jump on it. I highly doubt that, but if it were I'd do it in a heartbeat. There will be no player as compete as Fisher at 15 and his contact will be small enough to actually allow us to compete in FA. Not to mention the draft is deep in defensive talent.

I'd hate for us to trade away picks even though I do think that Fisher is a stud. I just think that D is number 1 priority right now.

I agree, we have so much building to do. I don't even think he'll be there, just wondering about the scenario if he IS there. I think AZ will grab him. If Ansah falls to us I'd be happy as well, or Dion Jordan. Man it just SUCKS to not have a 2nd rounder.

Titans FO has made it be known that they want Warmack, who will almost certainly be left on the board at #15 (for them if we trade).
Titans HC has already said he will NEVER draft a G or C in the 1st round and he is a former O line coach.

If it were for a future 3rd, I'd jump on it. I highly doubt that, but if it were I'd do it in a heartbeat. There will be no player as compete as Fisher at 15 and his contact will be small enough to actually allow us to compete in FA. Not to mention the draft is deep in defensive talent.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. This draft is the deepest I've ever seen in defense. If we had our 2nd rounder, I'd definitely do it, but without it...it sort of makes the move questionable. Plus I don't think there's a ton of defensive (DE/OLB) talent in FA this year, which makes the decision even tougher.

Titans HC has already said he will NEVER draft a G or C in the 1st round and he is a former O line coach.

2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

These guys don't know what they're talking about then, because Richardson would most likely be there for them too. They have Titans taking either Warmack or Sheldon Richardson. I've seen Warmack mocked every single day to the Titans. I know if STL gets a chance at him, they'll JUMP on him. Our pick at 15 would be safe for them IMO. Just an option, I understand some will disagree. To be completely honest I don't know if I would make the move. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

I think we should look for some nobodies from Bloomburg, Towson State, Furman, or Fordham and groom them as OTs.

Losing picks to take a LT in the first and losing him to free agency 4 years later is not the way this team works.

If he falls to us then grab him, but tackle is not the spot the Saints should mortgage their teams future on.

I wish all the trade up talk would stop, 1 player will not make the difference, especially on offense, the Saints need all the help they can get on defense. If any trading is to be done it better be to trade down and aquire more picks. If the Saints trade up to pick an offensive player, I wouldn't be too happy with that, neither should anyone else.

I wish all the trade up talk would stop, 1 player will not make the difference, especially on offense, the Saints need all the help they can get on defense. If any trading is to be done it better be to trade down and aquire more picks. If the Saints trade up to pick an offensive player, I wouldn't be too happy with that, neither should anyone else.

You want to be it won't? Wait until Charles Brown starts at LT. I can hear the crying on this forum already. QB and LT are absolutely the most important positions on the field, and if Brown went down, we'd really can it.

I think we should look for some nobodies from Bloomburg, Towson State, Furman, or Fordham and groom them as OTs.

Losing picks to take a LT in the first and losing him to free agency 4 years later is not the way this team works.

If he falls to us then grab him, but tackle is not the spot the Saints should mortgage their teams future on.

Possibly an option as well, makes sense about him leaving in FA too. I think the Saints could lock him up long term quick though before that ever became an issue. DB only has 4-6 years left in him, we need to protect him. Our offense isn't the same without a good O-line. We have a good O-line, but as we saw this year (at least I did), our O-line is not great anymore. DB was under pressure every single time he tried to throw.

No we already don't have a 2nd and we need all the picks we have to help us transition to a 3-4 Defense. We will pick BPA at 15 and I'm sure we will pick up a OLB, DT, OL, Safety of some sort, and probably another TE or WR by the end of the draft.

Due to not having our 2nd round pick, we really can't afford to give up any other picks seeing that we have to add some important players at positions defensively. I like Fisher and some other guys, but would not move to grab any of them. If there is a player at #15 that the coaches just have to have, they will draft him at that spot. If not, I see them trading back and regaining a 2nd round pick (possibly more). Fisher is very good, but Lane Johnson from Oklahoma is also a top notch left tackle who excels in pass protection and will also be available mid to late 1st round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom