Eric Gordon trade rumors (2 Viewers)

Citing Chris Broussard is like citing the Enquirer.

Instead of changing our team off emotion, can you suggest a feasible trade? I'll try to help you.

Off just poster speculation, I've seen stuff like:

Gordon for Chandler Parsons and a 1st (gives a divisional rival Gordon and Harden: not a fan).
Gordon for Harrison Barnes and a 1st (I can deal with it but my Barnes fandom expired a long time ago).
Gordon for Danny Granger (doesn't help either team).

A smart GM just doesn't make any of these trades right now. If anything, let his value go up then dangle him for a top pick in next year's stacked class.

Oh boy, don't get me started, I could go on all day

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Honestly, we were screwed big time when the NBA blocked our original trade for Chris Paul. If Gordon leaves, that means we received nothing for CP3.
Not really. We likely wouldn't have gotten Davis and definitely not Rivers (oh noz). We would have been stuck in mediocrity for years with Kevin Martin getting a late lottery pick instead of Davis and without Minny's unprotected pick. That trade was the best thing that happened to us since getting CP3.

Oh boy, don't get me started, I could go on all day

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
Yes, thank you for linking me to nothing. I already got you started and you're acting like you've done something other than express the immediate need to dump Gordon for anything that comes our way.

i believe gordon can veto any trade if he wanted to......i say just dump him...clear the books.....cut our loses...we are screwed no matter what...start fresh....we arent gonna get much for him even if he agrees to a trade.....

gordons value go up? how? we set his value and got burnt..........dude does not have a NBA body. Meaning his body obviously cant hold up......

Cutting him would mean we take on his salary for some time without getting anything back or even having a SG other than Rivers or Mason.

His value will go up because he's at his low right now. Once he plays and plays well, it will gradually go up. If we're in the position of saying, "Clear the books, get rid of him," then no one will give us squat. And there's just no reason to make a rash decision during this semi-tank season.

Cutting him would mean we take on his salary for some time without getting anything back or even having a SG other than Rivers or Mason.

His value will go up because he's at his low right now. Once he plays and plays well, it will gradually go up. If we're in the position of saying, "Clear the books, get rid of him," then no one will give us squat. And there's just no reason to make a rash decision during this semi-tank season.

We can move on without Gordon. Life goes on. I'll take Rondo in trade in offseaon.

when has he been anything but low? You are living in a dream world if you think gordon will ever play more than half a season and will ever be a star player for us....He is not a leader and is brittle.......His actions prove what he his.....

Correct Gordon has been injured more then he has actually played. The Clippers dumped him.

I feel like a Gordon trade is eminent, thou I can see no way it happens before July. Gordon has a right to Veto any trade until then, and IMO no contender is going to be willing to roll the dice with his injury history. At least not for much of anything in return. Plus, this team is coming together nicely, and believe it or not have been playing some nice ball without EG in the lineup. It’s obvious he’s no longer, (or not currently) the center piece or our offense so as long as the team can create offense and pick up wins here and there without him, then when he does play it’s just lagniappe. Once veto powers are lifted this summer Dell can ship him off to anywhere (except Phoenix) and he can be someone else’s headache.

Eric is not getting traded, His heart is in N.O. like me,

Signed,

hi-res-6916468_crop_exact.jpg

Can say what we want, but CP3 is getting what he wanted. He is on a winning team and do you think he would have won the Allstar MVP is he was still in NOLA? No, he wouldn't have.

Can say what we want, but CP3 is getting what he wanted. He is on a winning team and do you think he would have won the Allstar MVP is he was still in NOLA? No, he wouldn't have.

Actually, I do. CP3 is CP3.. He was an all-star for New Orleans when he was here. As far as him getting what he wanted, I'm not so sure about that. He is an UFA after this season and has made no bones about wanting to see how thing play out before he commits long term to the Clips.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A day after Eric Gordon's name surfaced in trade talks, he's ready to play tonight against the Bulls. Good to know his hand is all better!</p>&mdash; Scott Walker (@ScottWalker6) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottWalker6/status/303904126184603649">February 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A day after Eric Gordon's name surfaced in trade talks, he's ready to play tonight against the Bulls. Good to know his hand is all better!</p>&mdash; Scott Walker (@ScottWalker6) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottWalker6/status/303904126184603649">February 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where's this guy been, Gordons names has been floated around trade talks for about oh... a year and a half now...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom