Eric Reid wants a re-vote on the CBA (1 Viewer)

If true, why does Reid's attorney have to be the one to find it and not the NFLPA attorneys? Why has no other players' attorney noticed this? Are they that careless or indifferent?

Yes. The NFLPA is incompetent and alienating a large percentage of the players that they are suppose to represent.

Assuming true - I agree with him. Give'm hell Eric. Anything that is a thorn to the NFL Brass I am for it.

Yes. The NFLPA is incompetent and alienating a large percentage of the players that they are suppose to represent.

If feels really off that the NFL set their first offer, and the players took it without a fight.

It’s like taking the first offer from the salesman at a car dealership. You know the moment the players voted yes that the owners collectively fired off their high five emails and phone calls.

If feels really off that the NFL set their first offer, and the players took it without a fight.

It’s like taking the first offer from the salesman at a car dealership. You know the moment the players voted yes that the owners collectively fired off their high five emails and phone calls.

I agree, very bewildering

As a general rule, I never attribute to malice something I can attribute to stupidity. Somebody probably just messed up. I’m a corporate lawyer and when drafts of an agreement are going back and forth things like this can happen.
Would a history of bad faith actions change that opinion any?

Let me ask you guys this....does the success (while limited) of the xfl take any bargaining power away from the players?

Not specific to this thread but nfl labor agreements in general
- There’s probably >1% of players who will have a career the length of this agreement
- the bulk of players in the 20s won’t be able to vote on 2020 or 2030 agreements
- today’s college athletes (who make the pros) will be more impacted by the agreement than today’s pros
- length of the agreement ‘should ‘ be the length of the avg player’s career

(Betcha that last bullet will be a very popular opinion)

They are quite dysfunctional. I'm surprised that so few big name players choose to be reps given that this new CBA was coming.

Let me ask you guys this....does the success (while limited) of the xfl take any bargaining power away from the players?
I would think that the success of the XFL gives the players another option to earn. It should hurt the NFL owners.

Does this sound like a plausible explanation? And would the NFLPA make this claim if it wasn't actually true?

“It is correct that the final version of the 456-page CBA includes an additional subparagraph with a cross-reference to a section of the Disability Plan that the parties had inadvertently omitted in an earlier version,” the union explains to its members. “The final CBA corrected the omission, as the bargaining parties were required to do based on their agreement that ‘if any typographical errors or incorrect cross-references are found in the 2020-2030 Agreement, the parties will act in good faith to correct them’ (just as the parties had similarly agreed when finalizing the 2011 CBA). . . . This correction did not, however, change what had been agreed to with the NFL, what information had been provided to players, or what players had voted upon.”

Does this sound like a plausible explanation? And would the NFLPA make this claim if it wasn't actually true?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove: just find one of the hundreds of copies of the agreements sent to players to vote on.

It's hard to believe anything they say at this point. And funny how the mood has switched on Eric.

If any errors change the meaning of the language then it should trigger a re-vote. If the membership didn't know the intent of the language then they didn't know what it was for which they were voting.

This dude just can't help but keep himself right in the thick of controversy. He should hook up with Baker Mayfield and Antonio Brown to start a reality show.

My least favorite kind of person...

Shannon Sharpe (who is still connected to players in the NFL) reported months ago, that the players main objective was being able to smoke weed above anything else. The owners knew what they were doing when the axed the suspensions for the failed drug tests. Not saying that he was spot on, but it sure seems that way to me. You make the bud smokers and younger players happy (with higher pay in addition), then you have the majority votes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom