Erik Bedard traded to Seattle (2 Viewers)

I just don't understand Baltimore's logic. Leo is a wiz at getting the most from a pitcher, but in order to get that, you have to keep them around long enough.

Baltimore has got to be one of the worst run clubs in the league.

Leo is gone from Baltimore.

Back to Bedard vs. Shields. The only thing Shields is better than Bedard is walks. Bedard is superior in every other catergory.

Angelos is holding the deal up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3218624
Orioles owner Peter Angelos hasn't yet signed off on the proposed deal that would send Erik Bedard to Seattle, according to a source familiar with the Orioles' internal discussions.

The same source also indicated that Angelos wasn't informed of the particulars of this latest proposal until late Sunday and that he won't be available Monday to confer with the Orioles' baseball officials because of a personal matter.

Given Angelos' long history of vetoing trades, one baseball man who has dealt extensively with Angelos predicted that "this could get more interesting as it goes along" if Angelos has yet to approve this deal.

Indications are that the trade is still likely to happen, given the abrupt departure of its centerpiece, Mariners outfielder Adam Jones, from winter ball. But the source confirmed a Baltimore Sun report that Jones isn't currently scheduled to fly to Baltimore for a physical.

I just heard that the Orioles are trying to match the offer and keep him. I didn't hear how much time is left though.

Its finally official
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7777230/After-long-process,-M's-finally-nab-Bedard
The Erik Bedard trade finally is official.

The Mariners have obtained Bedard from the Orioles for a package of five players — outfielder Adam Jones, left-handed reliever George Sherrill and pitching prospects Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kam Mickolio.

The Seattle players in the deal have been notified that the trade is complete, according to a major-league source. Bedard took his physical Thursday, the final step toward completing the long-awaited trade.

Now after they dump Roberts this team will be ridiculously gutted. I'm not one to get ahead of myself on the schedule but they're really making me want to pencil in about 18 wins for the Sox already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom