Erik McCoy has 99.0 Pass Blocker rating on PFF(T-2nd Highest All-Time Grade) and quietly becoming an Elite Center. (1 Viewer)

Scouting Reports (2019 draft): :blabla:

Walter Football:
"In the ground game, McCoy is not a people-moving road-grader. He does not have the strength to move the pile and does not generate a ton of movement in the rushing attack."
WEAKNESSES:
  • Short arms - 32.63 inches
  • Not powerful
  • Not a pile mover
  • Does not generate a ton of movement in the run game
  • Lacks length
  • A tad short in height
NFL.com:
WEAKNESSES:
  • Lack of length limits ability to sustain move blocks
  • Base gets too wide in some pass sets
  • Plays with some forward lean into pass mirror
  • A little slow with head swivel when scanning in pass protection
  • Has to stay patient rather than lunge at target
  • Inside arm wraps around second-level linebackers
  • Average athleticism in space
  • Below-average pull quickness

Bleacher Report:
WEAKNESSES:
—Average length and hand size (9 ⅝") a concern without elite agility (i.e. Garrett Bradbury).
—Body control isn't great on the move and gets too far over his pads when asked to pull or trap.
—Can be very tight-hipped when asked to redirect or change direction on the move.
—Isn't always quick to read and react to changes in front of him like blitzes, stunts or delayed pressures.

The Draft Network:
WEAKNESSES:
"McCoy's lack of length and elite hand work in pass protection are obstacles he'll need to overcome. He gets out-reached by long-levered defenders too often, and has to do a better job of breaking hands and using some long-arm principles intermittently. "

:gosaints:

Really good stuff ndcc. Thanks very much for your work on this. I'm sure glad that there are not publications following me to post my Weaknesses online -lol. Afraid my weaknesses would breakdown the website - lmao, and if they ever got to my exes, I might have to move to Bolivia

Eric will get better each season. He needs to get stronger in the lower body. Once he does that, he will become a better run blocker. He will be able to move those big DT's more easily.

Really good stuff ndcc. Thanks very much for your work on this. I'm sure glad that there are not publications following me to post my Weaknesses online -lol. Afraid my weaknesses would breakdown the website - lmao, and if they ever got to my exes, I might have to move to Bolivia

Appreciate it, bro.

Could you post in a separate thread what Coach Pete thinks about our clash with the Dirty Birds on Thanksgiving night?

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom