Erik McCoy has 99.0 Pass Blocker rating on PFF(T-2nd Highest All-Time Grade) and quietly becoming an Elite Center. (1 Viewer)

Can’t believe he fell to the 2nd round.

Didn’t he not allow any sacks throughout his collegiate career? Or maybe 1? I can’t remember

Edit: I researched it a bit. In 3 years and 1,528 pass blocking snaps, he allowed 1 sack......ONE. How does a guy like that not go early in the first round?? 31 nfl teams dropped the ball on that one

Last edited:
Can’t believe he fell to the 2nd round.

Didn’t he not allow any sacks throughout his collegiate career? Or maybe 1? I can’t remember

Edit: I researched it a bit. In 3 years and 1,528 pass blocking snaps, he allowed 1 sack......ONE. How does a guy like that not go early in the first round??

IDK but we get gems on the o line. And usually late.

McCoy
And two of the best to ever play the game imo:
Nicks
Evans.

Whomever has had our O line eyes, they’re superb. Even counting the few busts.

Gotta include Armstead in that. When he’s healthy, he’s a top 3 LT in the league

Also don’t forget Strief!

Too true. Mistake on my part. I’m just so enamored with and thankful for Nicks and Evans. To me we do not sniff a super bowl that season without those two.
And that moment was a moment I truly never thought I’d live to see so I cried like a baby.

With a best friend from SR, at a sports bar... two very big men balling like babies lol. I won’t give up the other SR member. Anyhow Nicks and Evans were a huge part of that.

Speaking of......how about the ref calling him out during the game? "The center forgot to snap the ball". Tell me he ain't catching it in the locker room over that one.

& he still won't media get respect; credited for a "compliment" of McCaffery, when it was from the CAR defender McCoy.

Scouting Reports (2019 draft): :blabla:

Walter Football:
"In the ground game, McCoy is not a people-moving road-grader. He does not have the strength to move the pile and does not generate a ton of movement in the rushing attack."
WEAKNESSES:
  • Short arms - 32.63 inches
  • Not powerful
  • Not a pile mover
  • Does not generate a ton of movement in the run game
  • Lacks length
  • A tad short in height
NFL.com:
WEAKNESSES:
  • Lack of length limits ability to sustain move blocks
  • Base gets too wide in some pass sets
  • Plays with some forward lean into pass mirror
  • A little slow with head swivel when scanning in pass protection
  • Has to stay patient rather than lunge at target
  • Inside arm wraps around second-level linebackers
  • Average athleticism in space
  • Below-average pull quickness

Bleacher Report:
WEAKNESSES:
—Average length and hand size (9 ⅝") a concern without elite agility (i.e. Garrett Bradbury).
—Body control isn't great on the move and gets too far over his pads when asked to pull or trap.
—Can be very tight-hipped when asked to redirect or change direction on the move.
—Isn't always quick to read and react to changes in front of him like blitzes, stunts or delayed pressures.

The Draft Network:
WEAKNESSES:
"McCoy's lack of length and elite hand work in pass protection are obstacles he'll need to overcome. He gets out-reached by long-levered defenders too often, and has to do a better job of breaking hands and using some long-arm principles intermittently. "

:gosaints:

Scouting Reports (2019 draft): :blabla:

Walter Football:
"In the ground game, McCoy is not a people-moving road-grader. He does not have the strength to move the pile and does not generate a ton of movement in the rushing attack."
WEAKNESSES:
  • Short arms - 32.63 inches
  • Not powerful
  • Not a pile mover
  • Does not generate a ton of movement in the run game
  • Lacks length
  • A tad short in height
NFL.com:
WEAKNESSES:
  • Lack of length limits ability to sustain move blocks
  • Base gets too wide in some pass sets
  • Plays with some forward lean into pass mirror
  • A little slow with head swivel when scanning in pass protection
  • Has to stay patient rather than lunge at target
  • Inside arm wraps around second-level linebackers
  • Average athleticism in space
  • Below-average pull quickness

Bleacher Report:
WEAKNESSES:
—Average length and hand size (9 ⅝") a concern without elite agility (i.e. Garrett Bradbury).
—Body control isn't great on the move and gets too far over his pads when asked to pull or trap.
—Can be very tight-hipped when asked to redirect or change direction on the move.
—Isn't always quick to read and react to changes in front of him like blitzes, stunts or delayed pressures.

The Draft Network:
WEAKNESSES:
"McCoy's lack of length and elite hand work in pass protection are obstacles he'll need to overcome. He gets out-reached by long-levered defenders too often, and has to do a better job of breaking hands and using some long-arm principles intermittently. "

:gosaints:
Entertainment Scouts writers tend to grade Interior lineman as one size fit all. Which reading these report would lad you to believe he is a guard. He isn't.

These entertainment scout writers don't really focus on these prospects. They basically copy paste, look measurement, and add some hogwash to be orginial.

I was a big Coy stan going into the draft.

And two of the best to ever play the game imo:
Nicks
Evans.

Agreed 100. I can guarantee you some defensive linemen still have nightmares about Jahri's 10th level kung-fu master "punch" technique.

An as for Carl Nicks, he was just plain evil, mean and hated all people equally. He was like IHOP making pancakes all day. What a wonderful mean streak!

That's what we need to dominate again. Offensive linemen who like conflict. Them guys actively sought to give injuries - they never got injured, In the end, only footrot and old age stopped them, That says a lot.

Bumping this because it's really impressive what he has done since his first snap this season. We've hardly even noticed Unger isn't out there anymore.

Ramczyk was supposed to go top 10, and I really liked him at 11, since Lattimore and Hooker would be long gone. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom