Ertz to the Cardinals (1 Viewer)

We really don't know our full team yet tho so I'm guessing until everyone is fully healthy we can't say what we have and don't have. That's what they're prob thinking.

If the Saints really want to hang with the teams like the Cards or Bucs in the NFC, they really need to get more aggressive with trades/FA acquisitions.

This is where being more than $90m over the cap has come back to haunt the Saints. This is where already being more than $30m over the cap next season is coming back to haunt the Saints. At some point the Saints just need to pay off their credit card and stop going into seasons tens of millions of dollars behind.

Cards are pushing their chips into the center of the table… they think that they really have a shot this year.

If it’s not the Saints, I’ll pull for them over the freakin Yucs, ‘boys, or Pack!

Their window is now. Once it is time to pay the QB... we've all seen what happens.

This is where being more than $90m over the cap has come back to haunt the Saints. This is where already being more than $30m over the cap next season is coming back to haunt the Saints. At some point the Saints just need to pay off their credit card and stop going into seasons tens of millions of dollars behind.

Their window is now. Once it is time to pay the QB... we've all seen what happens.

They also have the most wins of any team the last 3 years (prob 2nd or 3rd now).

Sometimes there’s a cost to winning.

I hope Saints make an aggressive trade this year. If MT and TQS stay healthy and are productive, this will be a special team.

Buuuuuuuurrrrp. I think i might have drank too much Kool Aid
Michael Thomas...maybe. TQS...no

They also have the most wins of any team the last 3 years (prob 2nd or 3rd now).

Sometimes there’s a cost to winning.

There is, but Brees is gone and now we're seeing that Winston is not(yet) able to elevate the current WRs the way Brees did. I believe when Thomas comes back a lot will get fixed just from his presence on the field, but there is still a clear lack of overall talent at WR and TE. The Saints have just 36 players under contract for 2022 but are already $50m over the cap. So there will be more cap gymnastics to get under and retain players, and by the time the Saints can "go shopping" it will be just like this season; at the mercy of making trades and the scraps. They have to rely on regularly hitting on their draft picks, which is being the guy relying on paying rent by buying scratch offs.

2022 Cap info: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

Trautman is going to have a breakout 2nd half of the season. Johnson is already having a great season. We're going to look back and wonder why we even worried about TE.

There is, but Brees is gone and now we're seeing that Winston is not(yet) able to elevate the current WRs the way Brees did. I believe when Thomas comes back a lot will get fixed just from his presence on the field, but there is still a clear lack of overall talent at WR and TE. The Saints have just 36 players under contract for 2022 but are already $50m over the cap. So there will be more cap gymnastics to get under and retain players, and by the time the Saints can "go shopping" it will be just like this season; at the mercy of making trades and the scraps. They have to rely on regularly hitting on their draft picks, which is being the guy relying on paying rent by buying scratch offs.

2022 Cap info: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
I dunno if brees could elevate these receivers... brees always had decent receivers horn, shockey, Colston, Henderson, graham, cooks, Thomas.. I think Winston doing pretty good he only has Callaway, Harris, Stills and a converted tight end juwann johnson.. he 3 and 2.. 12 tds and 3 ints.. all while payton is calling like 20 passes a game.. I'm not sure what else u want from the dude.. plus brees was one the greatest of ALL time think it's hard to compare now.

as far as cap seems like 20 mil is void I'm not sure if it goes away.. defintly see kamara, Lattimore and Thomas getting a massive restructure

I dunno if brees could elevate these receivers... brees always had decent receivers horn, shockey, Colston, Henderson, graham, cooks, Thomas.. I think Winston doing pretty good he only has Callaway, Harris, Stills and a converted tight end juwann johnson.. he 3 and 2.. 12 tds and 3 ints.. all while payton is calling like 20 passes a game.. I'm not sure what else u want from the dude.. plus brees was one the greatest of ALL time think it's hard to compare now.

as far as cap seems like 20 mil is void I'm not sure if it goes away.. defintly see kamara, Lattimore and Thomas getting a massive restructure

Brees would be able to do more because of his comfort in the offense, his unreal ability to read defenses, and being the most accurate passer in NFL history. By no means is this a knock on Winston, I'm not expecting Winston to be equal to a record shattering first ballot Hall of Fame QB. He's showing a ton of potential and doing amazing with what he has, but the lack of talented pass catchers is just extremely obvious.

Trautman is going to have a breakout 2nd half of the season. Johnson is already having a great season. We're going to look back and wonder why we even worried about TE.
I hope you’re right. I definitely see the talent with both players…they are just young. Hopefully they get into a groove. If they were more polished I could see us running more 2 TE sets….Johnson reminds me of Boo Williams a lot and Trautman could be our Dave Campbell.

If the Saints really want to hang with the teams like the Cards or Bucs in the NFC, they really need to get more aggressive with trades/FA acquisitions.
With what money? Not to mention that Roby trade is looking bad for a guy with that kinda cap hit, at that price you could found a way to keep E. Sanders.

Last edited:
With what money? Not to mention that Roby trade is looking bad for a guy with that kinda cap hit, at that price you could found a way to keep E. Sanders.
Roby is only counting $1.1M against this years cap. Next year it balloons to $10.1M but the Saints can release him with no dead money or restructure much of it into the 3 voids years.

No lie, I’m STILL a lil sick about the NYG loss, but Im in recovery now! 😂
Meanwhile, to their credit, from CSP on down, the team bounced back n rebounded with a big win on the road at WASH! Bein 3-2 ain’t 4-1, but it’s a helluva lot better than 2-3!

This 2021 team was “cap strapped” from the get go. They lost lotsa vet
players, including a future HOF QB. It’s a team dat was displaced for a month. It’s a team with a new QB, who had to “audition” to win the job in TC! It’s a team that lost lotsa starters due to injury, etc. n sooo many young and inexperienced players n backups had to step in n step UP!

So wit all dat in mind, I think a 3-2 record at this point aint bad at all!

Let’s hope things’ll only get better!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom