Escape Rooms (1 Viewer)

Am i the only one who did an escape room and thought it was a total waste of time? Maybe it was the people i was with, since it was a group from work for a ‘team-building exercise’, though they weren’t necessarily bad people.. Or maybe because i’m not really into solving puzzles.. i’m not sure, but I couldn’t wait for it to end.

:shrug:

Wow never heard of these. Is this like a a real life version of Portal?

Not quite. It's a room that you are "locked" in, and you have 60 minutes (typically) to find a bunch of clues, solve a bunch of puzzles, and figure out how to get out of the room.

We've done 3, and have escaped from all of them. We did "Marie LeVeau's Voodoo Room" at ClueCarre downtown and escaped with 4 seconds left. We've also done "The Sheriff's Office" at ClueCarre's Metairie location and escaped with around 5 minutes left.

Here is a video of a simplified escape room with some celebrities.

My son had just completed one in Austin. I'm looking forward to trying when we visit this Xmas

Well we had to exhaust all our clues, bummer, but we "got out" with 2 minutes left. Yeah, the kicker is the fire marshal frowns on actually locking people in. But if you like that sort of thing, it is fun!

Did one in the Houston area where you were an outlaw trying to escape after robbing a bank. Our group took about 45 minutes to finish it. I would go back again since they have 4 different ones

Well we had to exhaust all our clues, bummer, but we "got out" with 2 minutes left. Yeah, the kicker is the fire marshal frowns on actually locking people in. But if you like that sort of thing, it is fun!

Most of the rooms I've seen don't actually "lock" you in. They provide some type of mechanism to get out of the room if need be...either an emergency escape button, a key to unlock the door, etc..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom