ESPN article: Easing New Orleans' Pain (1 Viewer)

atceagle

BRING THE WOOD!
Reaction score
Not sure if posted but a pretty good read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080219&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

See, here's the thing about downtown New Orleans: It's ready for us again. It has been ready for a while. For all intent and purpose, it looks the same. Bourbon Street looks the same. The Superdome looks the same. So does the Convention Center. So do Harrah's and Pat O'Brien's and Cafe du Monde. So do the waterfront and Canal Street and all the hotels. You could go back to New Orleans. You could have fun there. You could do all the same things you did before. Unfortunately, you don't want to go back.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Great article. Simmons is easily my favorite sports writer on ESPN. He really seems to love New Orleans judging by his older columns.

Redlands Saints

killing threads daily
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
well I will be going back, again and again and again. I fell in love with New Orleans the first time I met her. see yall in September, if not sooner

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I sent Simmons a thank you note through the Contact link.

If he had written something critical, we would've bombarded him with emails giving him pieces of our minds (which he would've deserved no doubt) - we've done it before.

And the threads got pretty long and involved.

It would be nice to see the same level of communication and, in this case, gratitude for such a positive article for Simmons.

Thanks for the link

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom