ESPN article: Easing New Orleans' Pain (1 Viewer)

atceagle

BRING THE WOOD!
Reaction score
Not sure if posted but a pretty good read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080219&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

See, here's the thing about downtown New Orleans: It's ready for us again. It has been ready for a while. For all intent and purpose, it looks the same. Bourbon Street looks the same. The Superdome looks the same. So does the Convention Center. So do Harrah's and Pat O'Brien's and Cafe du Monde. So do the waterfront and Canal Street and all the hotels. You could go back to New Orleans. You could have fun there. You could do all the same things you did before. Unfortunately, you don't want to go back.

Great article. Simmons is easily my favorite sports writer on ESPN. He really seems to love New Orleans judging by his older columns.

well I will be going back, again and again and again. I fell in love with New Orleans the first time I met her. see yall in September, if not sooner

I sent Simmons a thank you note through the Contact link.

If he had written something critical, we would've bombarded him with emails giving him pieces of our minds (which he would've deserved no doubt) - we've done it before.

And the threads got pretty long and involved.

It would be nice to see the same level of communication and, in this case, gratitude for such a positive article for Simmons.

Thanks for the link

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom