ESPN at it again (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hi All:

I sure do hope that the Saints win this weekend and just keep on winning. I love this time. I love my hometown and I love it when the Saints keep proving those ESPN bandwagon experts wrong.

I was watching Sportscenter this morning and they were doing their NFL segment and their resident NFL expert basically said that the Saints could not win the division this year and that Carolina would overtake them.

I hope we prove them wrong.

Jeff S.

The Saints of old maybe, but NOT these Saints !!!

the espn analysts picked carolina to win the division, so they will pick carolina up until another team, preferrably the saints win it

they all took Carolina to go to the superbowl... so they are staying with that pick until is is impossible for them to win the division....Ask sean salisbury

The "experts" have to prove that they know football. None of them even predicted that the Saints would be 6-3 at this time. Now they're praying that the Saints choke so they'll be vindicated.

There's no team left on the Saints schedule that they can't beat and they know it and that includes Carolina. I guess they're hoping that if they say it enough times that we'll start to believe it. No chance! Carolina better hope they can beat out ATL for a wild card spot.

:b_shake:

Exactly what does the ESPN folks see in Carolina? I mean really? They have 1-dimensional offense... and that dimension is STEVE SMIFF... and it boggles my mind to se other teams single-cover this guy. Take this guy out of the offense and they are screwed (see the NFC title game from last year).

Their defense is ranked 17th... YOU HEAR THAT ESPN?? SEVEN FRIGGIN-TEENTH!! :en-colere:

Yet you slob over this team... why? why? why?

Who cares? :strawb:

Exactly what does the ESPN folks see in Carolina? I mean really? They have 1-dimensional offense... and that dimension is STEVE SMIFF... and it boggles my mind to se other teams single-cover this guy. Take this guy out of the offense and they are screwed (see the NFC title game from last year).

Come on guys!! They have a team and a QB that has been to the Super Bowl. They are proven. What do the Saints have???? Have the Saints proven anything yet??? That's why they are picking the Panthers.

Lets look at it honestly.

I think most people thought Carolina looked real good on paper before the season started. Good players across the board on both sides of the board and one of the best coaches in the league as far as getting the most out of his teams in seasons past.

If I remember right most of the members here thought that they were the team to beat in our division as well as most experts. Some agreed that they were the preseason favorites before the season.

I personally thought they were the superior team. I still like their talent on that team, but I also know we always play them tough and despite what many analyzers thought about our team I knew we would not be a push over week in week out, particularly in division games. I know one national analyzers thought we would win 2-3 games and get swept in our division. I usually like what he has to say, but this was one of the few times I actually wanted to contact him and make my case, but to be honest he was looking at the worst end of some big question marls i.e. Brees' shoulder, our o-line, our back seven of our D, a new coach and a new system. I couldn't deny it, I agreed with him. I had those same questions on my mind, but I thought we would be okay as in somewhere between 6-10 and if we were lucky 8-8.

I still think Carolina is the team to beat based on overall talent and we are the team to beat based on heart and current record. I think we have similar level coaches...good motivators and good in game adjusters. They both seem to get the most out of their players. The main difference is their minds are on different sides of the ball.

I can understand why some analyzers are still high on Carolina at this point. They are still very much in it. We, as we discuss every week win or lose, still have significant holes on our defense. I think we can score on anyone. I think we can compete with anyone. I think we are a top ten team with top five talent on offense and top fifteen talent on defense.

That last game with Carolina is setting up to be something special. It could have the division, playoffs and if things fall right for us, home field advantage.

When you look at it honestly I can understand the props to Carolina. I think we are still getting a lot of love around the league. Last week I flipped to another game during a Saints commercial and the played a clip showing the latest Saints TD. The announcer of the other game (I don't even know who it was) said that no matter who your home team is the Saints were your second favorite team for good reason. He indicated that that was because of the cities attitude (fans) and the play of the team. You can't downplay the magnitude of those statements when it is easy to find reasons to down the city and team.

It would be different if they were still hyping up the falcons every week. I mean there are still plenty of experts that think the Eagles are still going to win their division. Don't take the opinions personal. The team and to some degree the fans are the ones decides the outcome of the season not the expert or computers.

you really messed up my quote. Now folks will think I really said all that. I was going to but didn't want to improve my image.:hookline:

think about 1 thing.. in seasons past, carolina seems to get better end season...
this regime for the saints, there is no past to base it on.

Plus, 1 big problem, was a big one a few years ago. the saints defense lack of talent was covered up in beginning of the season with schemes, as later in the season other teams pick up on the schemes and able to make big play after big play on it.

as at the start of the season, a defensive coach said only so much you can do when you're given crap to begin with, no matter how much you pretty it up, you still have crap at the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom