ESPN best and worst of the decade (1 Viewer)

Summed7

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29195179/best-worst-decade-nfl-signings-fantasy-players-game-more

Runner up for player of the decade is Drew behind Brady. Not really anything earth-shatteringly informative But it's nice to see Brees get his due.

Runner-up: Drew Brees, QB, Saints. He began the decade as MVP of Super Bowl XLIV in February 2010. Brees ended it as the NFL's all-time leader in career passing yards and TDs. Although Brees never got back to the Super Bowl during the 2010s, he did lead the Saints to the playoffs six more times while surpassing 5,000 yards four times and breaking the NFL record for completion percentage three times. -- Mike Triplett

We also "won" for worst call.

Two of our games were on the short list for game of the decade. Vikings playoff loss and regular season Giants win. Unfortunately Falcons were able to come on strong in this category and won best game of the decade. Sucks to see them on top of that list. /sarcasm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29195179/best-worst-decade-nfl-signings-fantasy-players-game-more

Runner up for player of the decade is Drew behind Brady. Not really anything earth-shatteringly informative But it's nice to see Brees get his due.

We also "won" for worst call.

Two of our games were on the short list for game of the decade. Vikings playoff loss and regular season Giants win. Unfortunately Falcons were able to come on strong in this category and won best game of the decade. Sucks to see them on top of that list. /sarcasm

I don't think that Drew will ever get his "due." Somehow, I think that when he's up for the HOF in Canton, some Yahoo will not vote for him just to steal a (well-deserved) unanimous selection from him.

What I'd like to see is for Drew and the Saints to go undefeated and get the Lombardi trophy in Feb 2021.

Just my :tpenny:
WhoDat!!!!

:gosaints:

This one is hard to argue with unlike a vague best QB. They play the game to win championships not collect stats so it would be impossible, IMO to have him ahead of TB. It’s still a pretty subjective ranking but it’s nice to see they didn’t throw him further down in an antagonize for clicks agenda.

Just like in most Super Bowls, it is easy to award the MVP to "the quarterback on the best team." If you're not putting much thought into it.

Just like in most Super Bowls, it is easy to award the MVP to "the quarterback on the best team." If you're not putting much thought into it.

One year that I was actually pleased was for the 1978 season when United Press International (UPI) awarded NFC Offensive Player of the Year to Archie Manning... who was the only player to ever win that award while playing for a team with a losing (7-9) record.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom