Espn Expert Picks Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Exactly......I heard Rich Gannon say that he didn't think the Saints' defense was that much better than last season. He obviously didn't watch the game if he thinks they gave up 27 point to the Lions......go figure?!?!?

Gannon seemed to have backed off on that a little today and Picked the Saints to win this week. Solomon Wilcot and M. Schottenheimer also picked us.

And they lost their starting RT.

We never had our starting RT...the guy who is playing RT is the one who has been there all TC and preseason....we didn't have him last year either (although at that time he was our RG)

Guys I think it is pretty obvious. If McNabb was playing and Drew wasn't; who do you think they would all be picking? If two teams are of similar strength and one loses their starting qb it is pretty obvious (at least to me) who is going to be favored.

Count me in as being surprised. Not only is this a home field advantage but a home opener advantage.

They must have watched the game. Otherwise, they wouldn't have known how well the Saints' defense played despite the scoring statistics (where points against count against the defense even when the other team's defense scores a TD).

We are who I thought we were.
This is going to be the greatest Saints team we have ever had IMO. The doubters will slowly turn when we maintain what we have started

Special teams defense is not included in total defense the same way special team offense is not included in total offense.:jpshakehead:

If you mean in stats I agree. But, when the national media is saying that the Saints defense is still suspect, they mean overall they are worried about how many points are being given up.

Peter King and now all these guys pick us? I guess all the talking head's comments of "but it was the Lions" is bull. They are starting to feel like we are and MAYBE they actually watched the game during the week to see our defense for themselves.

Nah, McNabb being out explains it.

Nah, McNabb being out explains it.

Man, as a fan base we really need to get rid of this inferiority complex. Why can't we believe that people actually believe in this team?

They're picking us because McNabb is not playing. Our D is improved but I think we lacked QB pressure from the interior DL. The Lions OL is weakness and Stafford was a rook. I think many are waiting till we show an ability to pressure QB's before buying into our improved D. Our secondary is improved, but our DL seems similar at this point.

Luckily, the Eagles OL is nothing to write home about and neither is Kolb.

They're picking us because McNabb is not playing. Our D is improved but I think we lacked QB pressure from the interior DL. The Lions OL is weakness and Stafford was a rook. I think many are waiting till we show an ability to pressure QB's before buying into our improved D. Our secondary is improved, but our DL seems similar at this point.

Luckily, the Eagles OL is nothing to write home about and neither is Kolb.

I agree 100%.I'm sure Coach Williams has something up his sleeve no matter who is at QB this weekend. We gotta watch out for the screen pass. Eagles are one of the best at setting it up. They'll be looking for us to blitz, the screen pass will be their bread and butter.
<script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Man, as a fan base we really need to get rid of this inferiority complex. Why can't we believe that people actually believe in this team?

I agree with the inferiority complex but no one will believe until we earned it. Two years of basically 500 ball will not get anyone to jump on the band wagon. Hell, I'm still not confident until we actually get this thing going and beat some quality teams with all their staff in tact.

I want to believe but im not confident.

I remember in 2006, I didn't believe until we whooped the cowboys. Then I started expecting good things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom