Espn has us ranked 9th (1 Viewer)

Peter King had us ninth also in his "Fine Fifteen" in MMQB yesterday.

pretty acurate now but i think the Giants can't keep up with the injuries and will fall behind. I think the Broncos are a little overrated but not much

Pretty fair ranking I think.

Yes clearly Brees was the best free agent signing from this offseason. I cant think of a better free agent signing over the past several seasons either. Anyone?

How can we be behind the Giants when we have the better conference record? That makes no sense!

Even in a loss, it's oh so obvious that Drew Brees is the best free agent signing of the season. He's emerged as the Saints' leader and best player.

There is no doubt that this is true, but boy, you have to love how the offensive line has protected him. So many people questioned if they would even perform marginally.

It's easy to see how they rank the Saints...

They just round up all the teams that have the same record as us, then rank us last in that group.

It's exactly the same thing every week. :(

Whats conference record got to do with being a better team?

We're talking about Power rankings, not who's the better team. We have 10 times the offense they do, and their defense is banged up. We also have a better conference record, which means we are 2nd seed in the playoffs right now.

We're talking about Power rankings, not who's the better team. We have 10 times the offense they do, and their defense is banged up. We also have a better conference record, which means we are 2nd seed in the playoffs right now.

Yes... you make sense with your logic... and you are correct.

But the only thing that's going to rotate the positions of the two teams will be to beat the Giants.

MAYBE,... just maybe,... we'll then get a higher ranking than they will. :scratch:

Pretty fair ranking I think.

Yes clearly Brees was the best free agent signing from this offseason. I cant think of a better free agent signing over the past several seasons either. Anyone?

Raiders signing Randy Moss???

It's easy to see how they rank the Saints...

They just round up all the teams that have the same record as us, then rank us last in that group.

It's exactly the same thing every week. :(

It's a very fair ranking, IMHO. They shoulda beaten Pittsburgh ... that game casts the quality of the Saints squad in doubt. Is this a team on their way to 11 or 12 wins, or are they going to stumble to 8 or 9 wins? I think it'll be the former ... but without the home fan perspective, how could I say that the latter isn't just as likely?

It's a very fair ranking, IMHO. They shoulda beaten Pittsburgh ... that game casts the quality of the Saints squad in doubt. Is this a team on their way to 11 or 12 wins, or are they going to stumble to 8 or 9 wins? I think it'll be the former ... but without the home fan perspective, how could I say that the latter isn't just as likely?

Exactly, we are fans, he is a sports writer. We strive on emotion, they are supposed to use objective thinking. This is a team that has been known for late season slides, heck when we were 7-2 a couple years back ESPN ranked us #1 in their power rankings, than sure came back to bite them in the butt.

I know, different player, different coach, different attitude, but the way everyone esle looks at it isn't like we do. To them we have to prove we aren't the same ol' Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom